Houzz Logo Print
bertie_coombes

Inspiration please ...

Bertie Coombes
hace 7 años
We've just redone the flooring in our shower room, but before I put the boring white plastic riser screen back, which is purely to hide the necessary gap, and takes no part in supporting the shower tray. I am trying to think of something a bit more " interesting" to use, but just don't know what....I'm even contemplating tiling a length of ply, but think the tiles might ping off !! The vanity unit and loo seat are grey, as will the walls when I get it finished, so was thinking I could incorporate the grey colour here too. Any ideas would be most welcome, thank you.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    hace 7 años
    There are now lots of waterproof textured wallpapers around - I would try with one of there :)
    It will add something really interesting. You could use wood effect, stone effect, a geometric pattern or something similar in the colours that work with you're scheme.
    Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
    All the best, Gina
  • PRO
    The Tile People Ltd
    hace 7 años

Try finding a wood effect grey mosaic tile. Or any mosaic tiles would work just fine. Take a look here at just some examples.

http://www.houzz.co.uk/projects/2161784/mosaics

Hope this helps.

Ashley

The Tile People Ltd

• Bertie Coombes
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you for those ideas, I am now definitely NOT putting the white plastic thing back !! I'm going to do some experimenting with covering some ply and see what looks best. Thank you for inspiring me !!
  • temple274
    hace 7 años
    Why not paint it grey to match the loo seat etc? Use a suitable primer and some matching eggshell paint it should work. Even if it needed repainting every so often it's worth a try.
  • Bertie Coombes
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I'm hoping it shouldn't get too wet, but as you say, if it needs redoing every so often that wouldn't be too bad...and then I could ring the changes with a different paint colour or mosaic tile. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • PRO
    re-decorate
    hace 7 años
    Marine ply. You can buy it engineered so that it will bend to the curve.

No wallpaper, but mosaic tiles would be fine. The smaller the better.
  • Carolina
    hace 7 años
    I would only put something 'funky' around the shower bottom if that same colour or material returns somewhere else in the bathroom. Otherwise it will just stick out like a sore thumb. I'd just put the boring white screen around so it looks neat and clean and hang a fabulous mirror or eye catching lights, pretty towel racks or hooks, nice towels.

Nice floor by the way :-)
  • Carolina
    hace 7 años
    Would it not be possible to add the same tongue and groove panelling that is on the walls to that bottom part? Instead of tiles? Than it would seamlessly fit into the bathroom.
  • Carolina
    hace 7 años
    Then, not than
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.