Houzz Logo Print
anna_hunt42

Need advice on white walls in house?

Anna Hunt
hace 7 años
We are painting all the walls in our house and we're sticking to white for consistency. We have one shade of white that os the majority of the house and another white we used as an accent wall and in our master bath. My dilemma is what shade to use in the master bedroom. Do I stick with the color that is in the majority of the house, or go with our secondary shade....and is using an additional, new shade of white a bad idea?

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    hace 7 años

White on white? Doesn't make much of an accent wall....put some color to your rooms for the accent wall -at least off white/ light beige or a light color...good luck

• acm
    hace 7 años

It's fine to use a different color in bedrooms. They're separate in a way that all the living spaces never really are. A different shade of white can be fine (I often go gray in a master and a pale green in kids' rooms), or you could even go with a more saturated color if you prefer.

• Anna Hunt
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I love gray. I had considered that. I might do gray walls in the kids room with bright accents.
  • PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Painting with white creates a clean crisp space. I would be careful to make sure you keep the space inviting by adding in color with window treatments, pillows, area rugs and etc... Gray is a great color right now for any home! Just make sure you pick a cool or a warmer gray that goes with your furniture and the white that you already have in your home.

• Anna Hunt
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes. Thank you. That is what we're doing and what we're going for! :)
  • PRO
    Simplified Living Architecture + Design
    hace 7 años

I would recommend a warmer color in the master bedroom to create a relaxing space. Great options are light beige or a light warm gray.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.