Houzz Logo Print
apple_disco

Buying a House - should I paint the yellow interior, or leave it?

S S
hace 7 años

The house is basically a flip so the paint is new. Yellow was not top of mind for me and I had no doubt I was going to change it, but my mom likes the yellow color.

What is the consensus?

Comentarios (14)

• User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Might get more advice in the Home Decorating forum .

My preference...it looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of yellow on walls. But I might live with it for a few months before deciding.

Good luck !

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    hace 7 años

Who is in charge, you or your mom?

• Vith
    hace 7 años

My mom likes a yellow kitchen. My kitchen is red. :P

• Linda Doherty
    hace 7 años

Paint it whatever color the person that will be living there likes.

Personally, for me, I don't care for yellow. Maybe for a sunroof it would be ok with lots of plants, but I don't find it a relaxing color to have in most of the house.

• AnnKH
    hace 7 años

My friend who ran a child care center claimed that yellow walls make babies cry. Fact or fiction, I don't know - but I never wanted to take a chance!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    hace 7 años

My house is mostly yellow, so it seems that I like yellow. That shade of yellow I don't especially care for: it is rather too strong. But, muted yellows that are approaching a tan shade (like that seems to almost be on my monitor) can be a great backdrop for other furnishings -- if the colors are compatible.

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

If Mom is to live there then let her choose.

• Steph
    hace 7 años

I bought a condo with all yellow walls. That's was the first thing to go.

• Debbie Downer
    hace 7 años

I like yellow in theory, but have not found any that look good on my walls - they always have this greenish gray tinge that reminds me of that sickly yellow-green light the sky gets when there's a tornado coming. In other words, not pleasant!

Id leave it though, unless you really know that you dont like it. Painting is a massively huge messy nitpicky job. For weeks after you see all these spots you missed and have to futz around with it some more - hate it!

• Vith
    hace 7 años

^^ needs another coat then

• Otto Gsell, Upstate SC 7b
    hace 7 años

Check out mindful gray Sherwin Williams . Stunning color

• Sara Kriss
    hace 7 años

I really like that color. My contractor is using Dunn Edwards....I wonder what color of their's would be like this?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.