Houzz Logo Print
absblalock21

Is that copper around the edge of the upper roof as well?

Abbey
hace 7 años
I am building a prairie style home that has less pitch on the roof towards the eaves and I'm told I need metal roofing below the shingles where the pitch goes to 2/12. I have not see anything with that design previously. Wondering if this would be similar as I like the look here.
Wellesley House 1 · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Morehouse MacDonald & Associates, Inc. Architects
    hace 7 años

Hello - while there are built-in copper gutters on the upper roofs, the lower sloped roof material is red cedar shingles. It is correct that you need metal/copper roofing on a 2/12 roof pitch - while I haven't seen the design of your project, I will say that a few feet of copper roofing at the eaves is not unprecedented. There are many homes in northern climates that used metal at the eaves to mitigate ice dams. That is less of an issue today with the great insulation options available to us. It is certainly aesthetically acceptable to use the copper for the lower 2/12 roof and transition to your other roof material where it changes pitch… if you want to send me the elevations of your project, I could take a quick look and advise you from there. My email is :jsm@morehousemacdonald.com.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.