kelly_johnson214

Finished Crown Molding End

Kelly Johnson
hace 7 años
Looking to see if we have finished this crown molding properly. It there a right/wrong way, or just by taste? The top crown piece jets out just a tad from the wall, see circled areas. Is this the right way to end this area? Don't mind the sheet beliw it. It still needs a finishing piece over the seam.

Comentarios (10)

• gustaruygers
    hace 7 años
    It's fine that way.
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Can also be done this way in situations like this, make a straight cut against the wall and just cap the projection at the top, this way you avoid that crown back cut at the back of the cabinet and moulding runs straight into a wall and flush with the cabinet.

• Michele Jarosz
    hace 7 años
    That doesn't bother me as much as that panel. What is that and why is that?
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

I agree the panel is weird

• PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Here's another alternative. The crown is extended so the lower portion remains consistent with the top of the cabinets. See top left cabinet in attached pic.

Graham

• User
    hace 7 años

Something not right with the spring angle here. I think it's upside down.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Sophie Wheeler - Not sure if you are referring to the pic I posted. If so, the crown is actually correct in orientation. However, what is likely making it appear to be a bit off is that these pics had to be adjusted (sizing & proportions) in Photoshop a bit more than usual, photoshoot was not so great.

Graham

• Kelly Johnson
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Maybe adding a corbel in this corning along w/ one in the other corner then extending the crown molding out would look better.

• Kelly Johnson
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

The panel is to cover the joints on the side of the cabinets where we joined the bottoms w/ the glass tops. It will be covered w/ a trim piece, still a work in progress.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.