kmilanich

opinions of glazed walls in powder room

kmilanich
hace 11 años
Are glazed walls cool?

Comentarios (6)

• michigammemom
    hace 11 años
    I think a lot of faux paint techniques are out of vogue unless you have a decidedly Mediterranean style home.
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    hace 11 años
    They can look cool if done well.
  • charleee
    hace 11 años
    This is just my opinion, ok? No fan mail please, but I've always thought that glazed anything looks old and dirty.
  • User
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    I recently did a lot of research on glazing. There seems to be a wide variety of uses for glaze, which is just a medium to slow down drying time so you can work the finish. You can create any tint you like with the glaze, tone on tone or metallic glazes with a wall stencil seem to be more contemporary application vs. the old out dated "dirty" look. Do a search on google or even Houzz for glaze and wall stencils.
  • PRO
    The Painted Lady
    hace 11 años
    Faux finishes aren't for your Grandma anymore. There are a million different ways to add visual interest to boring walls with faux and decorative finishes. Why would you want your home to have ordinary painted walls just like the dollar store down the street? Your home should be a reflection of your personality. Metallic glazes can dress a room up and even add a contemporary elegance that can't be achieved with simple paint. When you think of glazes, don't think about the old faux with sponge and rag marks (gross), think about how you want to add a little movement to the wall. As a professional decorative finisher working in primarily high end and multi-million dollar homes, I highly recommend glazes as an inexpensive way to tie a room together. It doesn't have to be the old Mediterranean golds with brown glaze anymore. Have fun, it's just paint!!! ;).
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.