Houzz Logo Print
djmartin100

Need help for sheltered place inside doggy yard

djmartin100
hace 11 años
I've recently fenced in a rather large area for my dogs to stay when I'm gone from home. But there's no place for them to take shelter when it rains. Don't want traditional dog houses but would appreciate suggestions for something a little unusual.

Comentarios (4)

• charleee
    hace 11 años
    If you search Houzz photos, you'll find all kinds of creative ideas for dog houses: [houzz=
    HT: North Carolina · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Barkitecture 2011 · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Barkitecture 2011 · Más información
    ]
    Or if you'd prefer to purchase rather than make one: [houzz=
    Outback Duplex Dog House · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    Outback Log Cabin Dog House in Cedar · Más información
    ]
    [houzz=
    ProConcepts Cozy Cottage Dog House in Gray · Más información
    ]
  • PRO
    pd Design Build
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Building a dog house is a fun way of exploring your inner architect/builder. Dog houses are like landscaping structures or yard structures in that they can be architectural follies, a simple way to explore the design of the built form.
    What I built for my own dog was fairly simple. First, I had to meet my dogs needs. She needs to stay cool, have shelter from rain and be in a place where she can watch the activity of the street. Snow and cold are not an issue for this dog.
    The beauty of a dog house design is that the programmatic design requirements are simple. What drove my own dog house design was determined by what materials I had laying around. Let found objects be your inspiration for design. I used some twin-walled polycarbonate sheet scraps that were left over from an office renovation of my then employer. I built a short plywood box and put a wood folding saw horse on top and covered it with the plastic sheeting to make a sloped roof. My dog likes to dig down into the dirt so she can keep herself cool so I did not put a bottom in the dog house. It was open in the front and the back to provide ventilation.
    I do not have any images of this dog house but I have attached a second place winner barkitecture dog house competition that I and colleagues built in 2004. Also attached is a picture my dog Julie.
  • chuckie3cheese
    hace 10 años
    My neighbor has put up a small tent for his dogs. It would be important to have an insulated floor, and preferable sides. Personally, I had a roof/cover built over my patio with a dog house to protect them from blowing rain and wind,
  • valtex
    hace 10 años
    My dog loves his Dogloo. Amazon, Petco, Petsmart, etc
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.