Houzz Logo Print
slonelm

Rug Under a Sectional Couch

Loey10
hace 7 años
Is there a "rule of thumb" for the size of a rug under a sectional? I bought this one because I like the colors, but now can't decide whether it's big enough. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Comentarios (10)

• Allison Thiessen
    hace 7 años
    I really like the contrast between rug Color, floor texture, and couches. So I personally prefer something that doesn't completely cover the whole floor.
  • Loey10
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    okay, thanks Allison...the rug I have there is an 8×10...do you think I need a 9×12?
  • printesa
    hace 7 años

I don't think there is a rule..It depends on the look and the room. Your looks fine

• Allison Thiessen
    hace 7 años
    From my personal taste, I think a bigger rug would swallow up the greatness of your hardwoods!
  • Taylor Kirk
    hace 7 años

I would suggest a smaller rug or to try placing the rug at an angle. If not, I think a contrast in the rug color may help open up the space as well!

• Linda Hurley
    hace 7 años
    I have a sectional and my rug is the same as yours. I think a bigger one would be too big.
  • Usuario de Houzz-724225926
    hace 3 años

Agreed...it needs to come over to the right side. The left and right of a sectional should have rug past the arms, otherwise furniture is too top heavy.

• PRO
  • aspiringdiyer
    hace 3 años

I would definitely go bigger

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.