juju_bee2074

Need help with rainbow retro living room / dining room

JuJu Bee
hace 11 años
última modificación:hace 11 años
First time home buyer struggling with small space (470 sq ft.). Place has a ton of character with the rainbow staircase and red kitchen, but unsure how to handle the slate floors and open layout. Here are some photos of the space and floor layout, and some ideas I was thinking for the couch. I was thinking two small loveseats in the far corner? (I was thinking red couch or white couch). Recommendations on incorporating a dining area? Rug? Eek! THANK YOU ALL! Love this site!

Comentarios (17)

• JuJu Bee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Couch ideas (red tufted sectional?): http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Uo3GCuklL.jpg
  • Aurora Poll
    hace 11 años
    What a fun space love it! Go with white sectional and lots of rainbow colored throw pillows, in a small space a sectional will allow you more sitting
  • aniluap2
    hace 11 años
    Love the sofa JuJU showed? Red would look cool but I would keep everything else white, with maybe small pops of colors taken from the rainbow. If you go white then you can use some other colors more liberally.
  • JuJu Bee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Thank you both! I am torn between white and red. Any ideas on how to handle the rug situation - could I do grey for both and semi match the floor?
  • Aurora Poll
    hace 11 años
    I love color but I also like to change thing oround a lot so for me having the colors in throw pillows is better the pic is of my family room
  • JuJu Bee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Awesome! Thanks again :) Where did you get your sectional?
  • Aurora Poll
    hace 11 años
    Well I brought my furniture in from China
  • JuJu Bee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Suzie, you are so helpful, appreciate it greatly!
  • PRO
    Welcome Home designs
    hace 11 años
    I agree that your rainbow staircase should not be tied into the rest of your decor - let it be the conversation piece that every home needs. I would make red your accent colour however and suggest a grey sofa - you can add whatever colour cushions you want.
    Check out the attached photo for inspiration.
    http://houzz.com/photos/88902
  • orangecamera
    hace 11 años
    I adore that rainbow staircase! The one color that's missing is violet/purple. It might be interesting to use purple somewhere in the room - maybe pillows or drapes or something. It will be a very subtle way to complete the rainbow.
  • PRO
    Holly Anderson Fine Art
    hace 11 años
    great space! how unique, i love it! I agree with keeping everything white for the most part. I just went to a design meeting at the FLOR store, that might be a great outlet for you to solve the rug problem, here's their website:
    http://www.flor.com/?rcode=PPCFLO000PSP&gclid=CLHzkrKxsLYCFQTznAodHSMATw
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 11 años
    I would love to see you continue with the fun element and do something like this. Particularly the wall feature picking out the colours of the stairs.
    For sofas I think you can really only put one in and then two small slipper chairs otherwise it will crowd out.
    Modern Living Room · Más información
  • JuJu Bee
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    OK - I am off and sofa and rug hunting! Appreciate all the advice, you guys rock! Do you have any thoughts on how to best layout the space? I am a complete newb. Here are some diff layouts for the main couch (chairs could be added in). Red box = couch, grey box = TV placement. I just did it crudely in paint so you could get an idea of what I mean. THANK YOU!
  • orangecamera
    hace 11 años
    My first thought, without over-thinking it, is the 2nd L-shaped configuration. It lets you view the staircase and the tv at the same time. But I'm thinking a sofa or love seat on one wall and a chair or 2 on the other wall will give you the most flexibility (rather than an L-shaped sofa).

Post pics of what you find today!
  • PRO
    Mod Restoration
    hace 11 años
    love the space, it does have a lot of character! I think a red sectional might be too much red, and could make it difficult to bring in other colors that aren't red without creating a circus-like atmosphere. I like the idea of throws to bring in the colors, perhaps several different colorful patterns. Would love to see some dark blue/indigo to add a bit more depth.
  • PRO
    Granite Grannies
    hace 11 años
    No ideas but I just wanted to say I LOVE THAT STAIRCASE! How could that fail to cheer you up after a long day?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.