ryan_royal

Backsplash Ideas - Anyone, Anyone?

Ryan Royal
hace 7 años

Looking for a few backsplash ideas that will mesh well with colors i have. I'm definitely not opposed to some color popping through as everything in the kitchen is fairly neutral.

Also, would you do the entire wall or just below the cabinet line?

Cabinets: grey

Wall color: light grey/blueish

Countertops: ceaserstone - brighter white w/ grey accent lines

Floor: gold oak color - floor shown is sanded, no finished applied yet

Picture really doesn't show, but room does get a lot of natural light.

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Savvy Cabinetry Design Interiors
    hace 7 años

Second on a white subway!

• mjconti
    hace 7 años

YES for white! It is much easier to use color elsewhere, and where it can be changed whenever you want.

• leelee
    hace 7 años

The whole wall would be nice. Go all around the window. That's not too much more and it will unify the whole space.

• Ryan Royal
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

thanks all - any thoughts on this tile + color? Also, would you recommend a glass tile?

Northbrook Transitional Kitchen Renovation · Más información

• Kris Mays
    hace 7 años

You could do that, but I think the advice for white is good.

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    hace 7 años

I like the idea of glass tile - white subway tile is so overdone and cheap looking. I would definitely go all around the window and backsplash.

• PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    hace 7 años

• Jennifer Havin
    hace 7 años
    beautiful kitchen, white tile, I like leelees picture, no sidewall by ovens
  • PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    hace 7 años

I wouldn't go too dark on the backsplash, could make the area feel like a cave if there isn't sufficient lighting.

• PRO
    Drisco Kitchen Refinishing
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

LaForge / Frenette Project · Más información

I like the idea of Carrara Marble Italian subway tiles. I would definitely go all around the window / entire wall.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    Oh what a great opportunity! I will give you some ideas.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Your kitchen is great, but it needs a "wake-up" call! This is the perfect place for something really unique and beautiful to put the icing on the cake of your kitchen. Take a look at these examples. I think something a bit different and kind of outstanding is the way to go.

Carrara Venato Carrera Marble Grand Fish Scale Fan Mosaic Tile Honed, 1 sheet · Más información
    This is a Carrera marble "fish-scale" look. You could do the grout in a light grey. Of course, you would have to select colors that work with your cabinetry.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Antic Feelings Pergamon Ceramic Wall Tile · Más información
    This tile would be gorgeous and interesting and fun. I would go all the way up wall too.
    17.75"x17.75" Pinochie Ceramic Floor and Wall Tiles, Set of 7, Cobalot · Más información
    There are some really interesting tiles like this out there too that would be really nice. Since you went all "safe" on countertop and cabinets, it may be time to bust out with something unique and interesting. These are timeless looks and not the same ole same ole, so just depends on what you want to do. Hope this inspires you to something new and interesting. BTW, the small thin glass type tiles are really out of style. But I hope you enjoy the rest of your project. This is your final phase. Have fun!

• PRO
    Kim O'Brien
    hace 7 años
    White herringbone would look great in your kitchen
  • PRO
    Chi Renovation & Design
    hace 7 años

Below are a few great ideas, from our designs, for a backsplash in your new kitchen.

Elegant Restoration and Update - Kitchen · Más información

Remodeled Kitchen · Más información

White Kitchen · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.