Houzz Logo Print
wilmetted

Where to buy oversize wooden valance to go over kitchen window?

wilmetted
hace 7 años

Trying to purchase a valance like the attached. I've looked at too cabinet manufacturers but none of them can provide the valance because my window is too big - 84 inches wide. Any thoughts on where I could still get one of these and try to finish it myself or with the help of a carpenter? TIA

Comentarios (8)

• wilmetted
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

Get an actual local cabinet maker

• User
    hace 7 años

Don't go down that road. Even if it weren't over the top frou frou, 84" would be out of scale for any but a kitchen with cabinets going to a 15' ceiling.

Leave well enough alone. It is a better look anyway without.

• PRO
    Hunter Kitchen & Bath
    hace 7 años

And I would say that 84" long valance is not necessarily going to be a bad look. I don't think you need a 15' ceiling (have never seen that in a kitchen before!) to do beautiful pieces like that.

• wilmetted
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@ Hunter Kitchen & Bath - I'm not in Philly but close enough in Jersey. Happy to take recommendations. Thanks! Would you recommend for the entire kitchen or just valance?

• PRO
    Hunter Kitchen & Bath
    hace 7 años

@ wilmetted, I would recommend a custom shop for one piece or many cabinets. In this case, check out http://www.villagehandcrafted.com/

You will need to take a door over to them so they can tell you if they can match the finish. I also recommend taking as many measurements as you can think of and taking some close-up pictures (as well as far back pics).

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    hace 7 años

WHAT??? A cabinet maker could do it very easy!! Don't go to Home depot or Lowe's for you answer as do go to local cabinet makers!!

Ken

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.