Houzz Logo Print
revlynn625

I want to make roman blinds out of curtains to match a blind.

Lynn Grove
hace 7 años

My new house has a roman blind on a small window that matches the curtains on 2 big windows. But I have put new radiators under the big windows and need to make roman blinds from the curtains. Advice please!

Comentarios (5)

• Catherine Byrne
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hi, I've recently made a fairly big roman blind (110 wide by 240 long), and used a great kit from Terry's fabrics which worked beautifully and looks great https://www.terrysfabrics.co.uk/prod/blinds/roman-blinds/deluxe-pvc-cassette-roman-blind-kit/

Lynn Grove agradeció a Catherine Byrne
  • Juliet Docherty
    hace 7 años

They are quite easy but a bit time consuming. I would get a book out of the library that shows the process in step by step stages. Another tip would be to use a hemming stitch to do the edges, you will get a much better finish. I think I have made about 17 of these over the years and saved a fortune.

Lynn Grove agradeció a Juliet Docherty
  • acew1234
    hace 7 años
    Spend time working out the spacing between the battens, if you have patterned fabric ensure its matched! I had nightmare fabric see the photo.
    the long blinds have dropped, I think due to extra weight, so the pattern doesn't quite match!
    I used rufflette Roman blind tape.
  • PRO
    Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
    hace 7 años

For my first roman blind I used a roman blind kit from Dunelm, worked out great. I then used those instructions to go on to make a further 12 (never buy a house with 5 sided bay windows!) and purchased the bits needed from terrysfabrics as mentioned by Catherine Byrne. They are really straightforward. The key is to take your time with your measurements/calculations and with ensuring your edges and rod pockets are straight.

Lynn Grove agradeció a Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
  • PRO
    Baileys Blinds Ltd
    hace 7 años

Hi Lynn, you might find some companies - ourselves being one ;-) - will make roman blinds out of customer's own fabric. It might be worth it if you have limited fabric and you don't have room for error - as Room by Room said measuring is probably the key part of the process here.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.