Houzz Logo Print
ginny12first

Best decking material that is not wood

ginny12
hace 7 años

Help, please, the contractor starts next week. I'm replacing a wood deck and am confused about so many non-wood choices. I had decided on Azek Harvest but just found that their gray doesn't go with my house, also gray. So which is best--Azek, Trex, Timbertech or some other? Which line within each of those brands? I'm interested in hearing from homeowners who have these products installed.

I don't need the cheapest but not the Rolls Royce either. I just don't want to ever have to do this again. Please help--the color issue was a big surprise and I have to act fast.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Keystone Custom Decks
    hace 7 años

Hello!

As an experienced deck installer we primarily work with TimberTech and the occasional Trex deck. We feel the Caped Composite is much better choice than PVC as it is more rigid as well as can withstand the elements longer while keeping the color and finish.

What I would recommend is to get a sample of grey decking from both TimberTech and Trex and see which one matches your house the best! you should be able to get these from your contractor or even directly from TimberTech/Trex.

As a company our grey decking choice would be TimberTech Ashwood and our second choice would be Trex Island Mist. Both have different streaks of color making the product look more natural.

Hope this Helps!

• ginny12
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you for the reply. It's a tough decision. A lot of people where I live seem to like Azek. All three look good when new so it's confusing. Thanks again.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años

I've never seen a piece of natural wood do this:

• ginny12
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for this photo. Could you tell me what that railing material is? It looks like plywood. I appreciate the info.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

The railing cover is some type of plastic wood composite. Obviously installed without allowing for the extreme expansion and contraction of the material. There is perfectly fine pressure treated wood underneath. Very poor detailing on this two-year-old park renovation. The architect and installer probably share the blame.

I put several thousand feet of Corian window sills in a commercial building years ago. I got a call from the project manager, who got a call from the customer, wondering why there were silicone joints between the 12' pieces instead of inconspicuous hard seams. The above picture is why. I told him I had a shop drawing signed by his architect approving my silicone detail. "Oh" he said. And that was the last I heard of it.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.