Houzz Logo Print
mrscollie

Oversized pantry woes

mrscollie
hace 7 años
Here are my new cabinets being installed. My pantry oversized, which was my worry and it came true it takes over the kitchen. So should I switch to double doors on each side? Right now they are about 26 inches. Thanks!

Comentarios (23)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

• Maureen
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I don't think having double doors on either side will make a difference in regards to how large the pantry feels and you also may be surprised when the kitchen is finished and your fridge installed especially, as there will be more balance. Can you wait to decide?

• mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes I can wait to decide. I can always change doors while it might be a pain. I do have the say the angle of the picture makes it look worse!
    The mock up helps a lot! I'm not sure I prefer it that way...
  • mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Here's a pic of the whole thing. Does it look bad???
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    hace 7 años

Will you have same stain/paint color on all your cabinetry? I would take out the mid divider on the lower cabinet so you have an unbroken line for the two lower (long) doors. Also, you will see more balance once your appliances are in.

• mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes I plan on doing an all white kitchen.
    I was toying w the idea of the of a light gray island but decided against. I can't take out the divider on the pantry. It's buildt in.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años

Those cabinets are unfinished? Who does that?

• mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes some of the doors still need to be installed. They are being painted next week by the cabinet painter.
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    hace 7 años

I see no reason to switch the doors unless they are too heavy to manage or get around. Do you have enough clearance for the doors in terms of the available walkway?

• PRO
    SRD Construction & Development Corp.
    hace 7 años

I agree with Maureen, the pantry will be more balanced when the fridge is installed. Don't beat yourself up your kitchen is going to be beautiful. Good luck.

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 7 años
    It isn't finished. It looks a little heavy right now because the other appliances aren't in and it's not painted. I think it will be fine.
  • mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you for the positive feedback everyone. I didn't want it steal the show. And yes hopefully once everything else is installed it will help. I know ill probably use the pantry to the max and be grateful I have food to put in there for my family. :) its 45 inches from the island when closed.
  • Kris Mays
    hace 7 años

It'll be fine when finished.

• User
    hace 7 años

The pantry would have been better to break up into two separate units. Or done as a drywalled closet pantry.

A ''cabinet painter'' should have finished those in his shop, in a clean room. Never on site, spraying on house paint over the hinges and drawer glide and everything. That's what an amateur or hack would so.

• mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Sophie not sure must be different there but here in Newport Beach that's not how they do it. Everyone has their cabinets sprayed on site.
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    hace 7 años

mracollie, not so.

• PRO
    Archi/Build Group, Inc.
    hace 7 años

Just put 'em in the wash a couple of times...they'll shrink!

• ycity
    hace 7 años
    Yes, our contractor sprays on site too. Kitchen looks great. You will love your big pantry!
  • User
    hace 7 años

Lotta hacks out there. No reputable custom cabinet maker would ever allow that to happen. You just do not get KCMA level durability by slopping on house paint with bugs and dust in it.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

Spraying on site is the cheap way of finishing cabinets. There is no way in California to spray the best cabinet finishes available on the market without a spray booth and meeting all the CA EPA rules. I would never accept cabinets with a painted interior finish and without full extension drawer glides

• Kris Mays
    hace 7 años

Oregon is the same. You don't spray cabinets on site.

• mrscollie
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Ok. I guess a lot amateurs around here. But they are in now and will be painted this way. Thanks for everyone for the advice on the pantry and the mock up was super helpful!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.