Houzz Logo Print
anne_kappas

Can't decide white or dark vanity

Anne Kappas
hace 7 años

I found tile I absolutely love, but I am having a very hard time with deciding on a white vanity and darker top or a dark vanity and lighter top. I'm sure I'm over thinking this, but I don't want to do too busy,. Tile looks like wood and found a washed wood vanity is looking like too much.. Any suggestions would be great!

Comentarios (20)

• gustaruygers
    hace 7 años
    I would keep the vanity and counter top both in the same hue. Either cream or anthracite. The wood is very busy and will be overwhelming otherwise.
  • Darzy
    hace 7 años

I would go with a dark vanity and light counter. A dark vanity with the floor would be a nice contrast. Then, you'll have "light/dark/light" action.

• Darzy
    hace 7 años

PS...That is a really cool looking tile you found! Awesome.

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

May we see the washed wood vanity? I am leaning towards a dark vanity over white.

• Mark
    hace 7 años

I would choose a dark vanity.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

A dark gray vanity would be awesome with a white top wall hung vanity to accent that floor

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

You'll have to be careful with the color you select because the tile doesn't appear to have a clear white. Additionally the greys in the tile are quite warm.

• Darzy
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Patricia mentioned a wall mount vanity and I think that is a great idea so your beautiful floor will flow. It also depends on the size/layout of the bathroom but I think a color like this would be great. There is enough dark and nearly black accents in the floor (on my monitor) that will pick up on the dark vanity.

Centra 48" Single Bathroom Vanity in Espresso, No Countertop, No Sink · Más información

• PRO
    Greystone Custom Cabinetry, LLC
    hace 7 años

Amazing floor! Personally, I would do a painted vanity in a beautiful, rich color. Perhaps SW6200 Link Gray or SW7062 Rock Bottom with a light, plain countertop. This floor could go rustic or coastal depending on the rest of your selections.

• Lesha Blair
    hace 7 años

dark vanity light countertop

• Anne Kappas
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I can't do larger than 37 inch.. Unfortunately, this too light?

Too much wood, rustic look?

• Darzy
    hace 7 años

I think the above vanity and your floor is too similar and it will diminish the beauty of each item.

• felizlady
    hace 7 años
    One-way see-through film?
  • Darzy
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Check out this one. 4.5 stars and lots of reviews. Nice looking and includes white quartz top.

Dark Vanity

• oliviag55
    hace 7 años

I think I would choose a dark vanity, and dark top.

• Anne Kappas
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Ok, thanks all, dark it is.

Now to choose one..

• sunnydrew
    hace 7 años
    Flo is absolutely correct. If you can, order an extra box and lay the tiles out on a big empty space choosing the best ones you like. Save some of those just in case of breakage.
    If you can, be at home for the install to catch any problems as they arise. I insisted that our tile setter use only certain " better" tiles where they would be most visible and use the others for cutting or under the toilet and vanity. There was so much variation in the tiles that some looked nothing like the samples. I was furious at first, but decided to get proactive and went through all the boxes myself. I am sure I drove the guy crazy! It turned out very well.
    Anne Kappas agradeció a sunnydrew
  • lynartist
    hace 7 años
    I like the dark vanity also; a light top might be tricky as the light color in your floor is very warm. So for me not white but more of a creama marfil type top if you go light. May be easier to go all dark though and let the floors take the stage!
  • Lisa G
    hace 7 años

A dark vanity will look the best... actually a dark muddy warm gray would be gorgeous but if you're wanting stained wood I'd do an espresso color. I wouldn't do a bright white counter but rather a slight creamy color. Let the floor be the star.

Anne Kappas agradeció a Lisa G
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.