Houzz Logo Print
khanh__

Help! Bachelor pad needs some wall art

Khanh Nguyen
hace 7 años

Hi all,

This bach pad currently has all but one bare wall which adorns a lovely zebra.

Does anyone have any wall art suggestions for this bach pad? We need 4 or so art pieces for the hallway and potentially a replacement for the zebra as we're aiming for a scandi/minimalist aesthetic.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comentarios (25)

• KK1000
    hace 7 años
    You have large walls so maybe triptych artwork
    Khanh Nguyen agradeció a KK1000
  • PRO
    Cordony Group
    hace 7 años

All the artwork in our styling pictured is from Designer Boys.

These can be purchased online at https://www.designerboyscollections.com/ however their site is only available for viewing by trade customers- which we have access to.

We'd love to help out!

To get in contact: 1300 669 590 or kahlia@cordonydesigns.com.au

Bedford Street, Willoughby · Más información
    Cross Street, Pymble · Más información
    High Street, Willoughby · Más información
    Knowlman Ave, Pymble · Más información
    Knowlman Avenue, Pymble · Más información
    McIntyre St, Gordon · Más información
    Nelson Street, Chatswood · Más información

Khanh Nguyen agradeció a Cordony Group
  • Khanh Nguyen
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the suggestions!

Osukee - triptychs, would make a good use of the space but the prints may be a bit too bold.

Cordony Designs - the High Street, Willoughby prints are more along the lines of what I was after. However, I'm not too sure about the blue/green

• PRO
    Cordony Group
    hace 7 años

Not a problem!

I hope we inspired you. Let us know how the project goes, we'd love to see the final result.

• girlguides
    hace 7 años
    You need some colour even if a streak in a picture of say red or dark blue. What's your favourite colour ie not black white grey or brown
  • KK1000
    hace 7 años
    You could search in triptych range there is millions of prints
  • Bernadette Staal
    hace 7 años

The zebra is a lovely piece of art so if you decide not to use it in the lounge I would move it somewhere else. You seem to have a black theme running through the room so I would use that as a guide (unless you are intending to add additional colour e.g. red cushions to the couch or similar). With the current colour choice and taking inspiration from the Zebra I would stick to a selection of Black and White photos and pieces of art. You can have big pieces or many smaller pieces thrown together. Black and white also looks great for family photos and it is amazing how a Black and white print can add the depth to a photo that is sometimes missed in coloured prints of the same picture.

Khanh Nguyen agradeció a Bernadette Staal
  • LesleyH
    hace 7 años
    I also think black and white for a bachelor pad. Easier decorating for you as well.
  • PRO
    Khanh Nguyen agradeció a Ground Up Earth Builders
  • Khanh Nguyen
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Thanks for being so helpful!

Yeah trying not to deviate from the b&w colour scheme too much. I might have a look into b&w prints similar the ones used in Scandinavian Home's Vanadisväegen project.

Vanadisvägen · Más información

• PRO
    Gallery 360
    hace 7 años

Hi Khanh, we recently provided the artwork for a Scandi themed display home by local builder Webb Brown Neaves. It is possible to include some colour but still keep it pared back. Her's a few ideas for you. (the bottom image could accompany the black and white forest image in the hallway)

• PRO
    Gallery 360
    hace 7 años

For more inspiration, here is the link to the home we assisted with sourcing the artwork for. https://www.houzz.com.au/photos/home-design-larsson-contemporary-dining-room-perth-phvw-vp~64869684

• PRO
    signarture
    hace 7 años

Hi Khanh, we create all our artworks bespoke, so any of our artworks can be produced in the colours you love - black & white - and in the dimensions to suit - triptychs or larger pieces.

St Ives renovation · Más información

Check this link for more modernist / typography designs: http://www.signarture.com.au/collections/modernist-canvas-prints

signarture ‘islington’ perspex plexiglass artwork · Más información

Agree with Gallery 360 though that adding just a hint of colour would work well, and our perspex artworks have a stylish edge to them.

http://www.signarture.com.au/collections/modernist-perspex-artworks

• Ann B
    hace 7 años
    Hi. Any plans to add a coffee table, rug and lamps? Just thinking some timber to add warmth and contribute to the Scandi look you like....
  • kjersti1j
    hace 7 años

Have a look at marimekko prints - have some lovely simple styles

• LesleyH
    hace 7 años
    Think about art which you admire as an alternative to numbers, words and patterns. You'll never look back.
  • lynruming
    hace 7 años
    I'm with the person who said move the zebra print. I'd put it near the dining table and some abstract Colour over the couch..something with not too much contrast. All black and white is too cold....unless you want to remain a batchelor that is. :)
  • PRO
    2 FIND and DESIGN
    hace 7 años
    Zazzle.com.au have some cool and affordable posters you can then frame with IKEA / KMart / target frames etc... try searching graffiti for something edgy or beach photography for some Cali type images... or there's architecture shots too.

There's multiple sizes available and you can then try matching up to frame before purchasing..

Good luck
  • asquithoatley
    hace 7 años

No to triptychs- any art image which cut up into random pieces is an abomination to art. Art should not be subject to a just a being a space filler for a bach apartment but something you will love and speaks to you. Lots of designers use art to fill a space or to match a sofa- they know nothing about art. JMHO

• User
    hace 7 años

Another graduate from Grover Uni!

• asquithoatley
    hace 7 años

Yes Tribble, Grover has often agreed with my sentiments about art. I'm an old art teacher from way back and now work in a gallery so when people post art for their walls I sometimes get on my soapbox if someone mentions those awful triptychs!

• User
    hace 7 años

Hmm, maybe she went to Asquith College?

• asquithoatley
    hace 7 años

Nah don't think so- she's a professor I'm just a junior lecturer!

• User
    hace 7 años

Lol!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.