Houzz Logo Print
gretoconnor

What are your thoughts on mixing tiles and wood in an open plan ext?

GRETTA
hace 7 años
I am building an extension with open plan kitchen dinning and living areas. I would like light wood flooring but would prefer to have tiles in the kitchen area for spills etc. What is the best way to achieve this without taking away from the flow of the new open plan space?
Courtyard House, Pages Lane · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Kirkwood McCarthy
    hace 7 años

Hi Gretta, we used tiles to the kitchen area to provide a more wear-resistant finish to this area. The footprint was aligned to the face of the external wall to give a rule or logic to the setout. For you space, perhaps consider doing the same - finding a feature in the layout to align the boundary of tile/floorboards to.

That failing, you could consider just tiling the working zone which is 1-1.2m back from the kitchen cabinets.

GRETTA agradeció a Kirkwood McCarthy
  • Skye Syx
    hace 7 años

Hi, I love the tiles (they look even better when I visited on Openhouse day!), could I ask where they come from please?

• PRO
    MOTTE Bespoke Kitchens and Bedroom Furniture
    hace 7 años

have you considered wood effect tiles?

you can get some very good quality ones that work beautifully and if you get underfloor heating done you can probably use it for the whole space or find a tile that compliments a real wood.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.