Houzz Logo Print
curtislb97

Too much grey! Help!

Curtis Bennett
hace 7 años
Hi All,
So we just moved into our first bought property and we are struggling with the fact that we feel like our lounge looks like that from a retirement home! We are no where near finished just yet but would really like some help. Is there too much grey? Do we need different cushions? We are really struggling to get the modern look we want! We are happy to take out pieces. Any suggestions would be great!
Thank you all,
Curtis

Comentarios (8)

• zealart
    hace 7 años

To lessen the grey, exchange the grey drapes and different colored cushions. The wall color seems to really stick out and not work well with the carpet and couch.

• linda Kelley
    hace 7 años

You can cover the throw pillows in a light color....white would look good with the gray...it would add so much to your space.

• Curtis Bennett
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks for your help guys.

The walls are only temporary, I must admit I hate magnolia more than anything. We've just moved into a new build in the U.K. And every building seems to come doused in this awful colour.
    The curtains and pillows are probably a good start, they're new but were a cheap temp security fix.
    What colours do you have in mind? I'm not a fan of anything too rich in colour. I want to air up this space a little and brighten the gray up without being over the top.

Thanks again for the kind suggestions. :)
  • Curtis Bennett
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    How about white walls with a feature metallic wall? The feature wall being something like a champagne colour? Would this work with the room?
  • tiana__powell
    hace 7 años

I would suggest adding a low-ply area run to visually separate the grey from the sofa and carpet.

• PRO
    CertaPro Painters of South Calgary
    hace 7 años

You may want to consider a feature wall to add a pop of color to the space, and a smaller chair in a subtle pattern to replace the over-sized chair, to add some flair to the space.

• erinsean
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think your TV is too high and I think your picture over the couch is too high and too small. That said, how about white for the walls and accent colors of either teal or yellow for the pillows and a throw? I think you could use an end table by your chair...and get some sort of console with storage for under your TV. Might have to center TV over console. Your little square shadow boxes may need to come down also and moved over. Cute.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.