Houzz Logo Print
grace_larkins

Agent said no granite?

Grace Larkins
hace 7 años
we're remodeling our kitchen and I really like all the natural movement in granite. we do plan on selling our house in the next couple years and a real estate agent friend said that we shouldn't go granite, and people are ripping out granite and replacing with quartz. I'm fully aware of the quartz but feel like natural stone will still stand the test of time. do you agree that it would be a detriment for resale? it's a very modern high gloss white kitchen and looking at soft gray countertops.

Comentarios (7)

• acm
    hace 7 años

very modern high-gloss kitchen seems like a better fit for quartz, even aside from realtors and resale. you can just get a better match, in the sense of a uniform tone or small pattern (or even a cement look or hypermodern faux marble).

LG House - Kitchen · Más información

Sleek, Streamlined Elegance · Más información

Modern Kitchen · Más información

honestly, also, "stand the test of time" is the wrong criteria if you're selling in the next couple of years. you need to be thinking "will be nice for us and will help us sell."

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

There is granite on the market that will go with modern cabinets. There is quartzite, and marble and onyx. I think just staying away from the "traditional granite" that you see in most of the kitchens is what she is telling you to avoid. Going to a stoneyard and browsing through all the unique slabs will let you see what's available. Plenty of granite out there that will match your style. People like quartz because there is no upkeep and it tends to lend itself to the sleek modern lines that match your cabs.

What's in trend now might change in the next 3 years. And you might decide not to move! So get what you want. Not everyone loves the ultra modern glossy cabinets,, so I would be more concerned about that over the countertop.

• PRO
    Beautifully Done Designs, LLC
    hace 7 años

If you're selling, put together a look but realize that another owner may come in and rip out what you're so carefully putting together. Shop look, but be aware of price. Often times quartz is more expensive. Granite needs to be viewed because samples are not indicative of the actual slab.

• PRO
    Imperial Flooring Inc.
    hace 7 años

Granite is still very popular-

• smileythecat
    hace 7 años

I have both and I'm not worried about any of it going out of style.

• Robbi
    hace 7 años

If resale is your concern, I would definitely go with quartz. It is contemporary and yes, it is what buyers want these days. It is more durable than granite I am told. We are remodeling our kitchen and are ditching the granite for quartz so I have looked at many samples. You do not need to go with solid color grey if you don't like that look, there are many beautiful quartz options that look various stones like marble.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.