Houzz Logo Print
webuser_843248

Bay windows

Gizala Zafar
hace 7 años
I need some ideas how to make bay windows more attractive .
Do I use curtains, blinds ???
residential refurbishment · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    rum architecture
    hace 7 años

Hi, Thanks for the question. I think the first question should be how aesthetically pleasing the fenestration of your bay windows is? I would always argue that if the windows are a beautiful feature in the room it is a more suitable design solution to install a window treatment which fits within the fenestration such as shutters or blinds (vertical or horizontal venetian blinds can work well). If privacy from passers by is an issue shutters or blinds are the preferred solution as you can maintain views out and maximise natural daylight without feeling exposed.

When considering shutters or blinds white may be the obvious choice however it is worth looking at examples of darker installations which can add an elegant cosy solution.

If you opt for a curtain solution, it is important to consider how much more elegant full length curtains are than those which finish at sill height. Also the main issue with bay windows is the curtain rail. the ideal scenario would be a recessed curtain runner housed within the ceiling void to ensure there is minimal clutter around the bay window frame. Exposed rails do require careful consideration and workmanship to ensure they follow the line of the angled or curved bay and project a suitable distance to avoid the sill.

Apologies if that is stating the obvious, hope that is useful.

• PRO
    Hillarys
    hace 7 años

Hiya,

This is a great question - and something we're asked a lot. So much so, we've got a whole fantastic article on the subject which covers all eventualities which you might like to have a look at. Here it is - http://www.hillarys.co.uk/inspiration/2014/03/how-to-dress-your-breathtaking-bay-window/ 

And here are some pictures which might inspire you:

Dining room blinds and interiors · Más información

Living room blinds and interiors · Más información

Good luck with your search,

Zoe

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.