Houzz Logo Print
maewilliams

Can someone suggest Manly colors for a ONLY men's hair salon?

Mae Williams
hace 11 años
The reception area is 15 x12' with a 12x10" feature wall, 8 black chairs, one knee wall 5'x 6 'to anchor 60" LCD. feature wall will have black and white sports photos framed. The ceiling is drop 10' high.

What colors colors would you paint the walls to make it feel manly?
The ambiance to be relaxed but sporty. What luxury vinyl would you use for flooring that is budget friendly for the stylist cutting area that is 15x21"? Could someone do it for 10K or less?

Would you use 12' stripes, chair rail 6 ft above floor?

Comentarios (29)

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 11 años
    Eagle rock anchor grey both colors are Benjamin Moore
  • Danielle B
    hace 11 años
    I like the colors suggested by Rockin' Fine Finish. These can easily be matched with an accent color, like red, yellow or orange,for a manly, yet dynamic scheme. For vinyl, I like Home Depot's Trafficmaster vinyl plank flooring, in cherry. It's easy on the budget, quick to install, and looks like real wood. We like it so much that we installed it in our basement guest room, and then in our Florida condo's bedrooms.
  • K B
    hace 11 años
    Última modificación: hace 11 años
    Found this clever and inexpensive way to decorate a men's restroom. It's perfect in keeping with both the masculline and hair salon themes. Do a search on HOUZZ of man caves for other ideas that you might find helpful. Really like Rockin's paint suggestions, you could also add a dark chocolate brown to the mix.
    Man Cave Home Office · Más información

dark chocolate CSP-270 · Más información
  • Michelle Ritherdon
    hace 11 años
    Rich coffee colour and Black
  • mpoulsom
    hace 11 años
    squirrel by behr is a great neutral color too! I would do plywood floors, washed or painted or stained with a high gloss varnish on top!
  • mpoulsom
    hace 11 años
    here are some examples of plywood flooring.....you could do so many things. and if you get sick of it at some point, you can always paint it!! :)
    the reason i'm including the puzzle floor, which i love, is because if you wanted to get really creative and have some mad saw skills, you could cut out cool shapes and put them together either in a sports theme, or hair....big scale, like scissors, combs, brushes shampoo bottles....you get the gist.
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    I like all the suggestions. With high traffic I don't want the floor to chip. How porous is plywood? I like that it is easier to stand on. But then would I have to revarnish each year? I love greys and chocolates. The puzzle flooring is unique. I was looking into luxury vinyl. heard that is being today commercially.
    The shade of red is what baffles me. Men seem to like oranges and browns.Would chili pepper red be exciting enough as an accent?
  • mpoulsom
    hace 11 años
    Mae, if you are thinking about doing 12 inch stripes on the walls, do it in a horizontal stripe instead of vertical. I may even opt for doing them slightly larger than 12 inches as well.
    And no, the floors won't chip if done correctly. It would be a lot warmer feel for the shop too rather than vinyl I think.
  • Heather Wood
    hace 11 años
    Black or kohl and a taupe!!!
  • handymam
    hace 11 años
    Bobbi, love that sports theme idea on the floor! Mr Smith, go down to the stylist at the 40 yard line.

I think a grey would be nice also. Add my vote for grey Mae, do you have trim to consider?

For flooring, look into large vinyl peel and stick tiles and use the vinyl grout. They look amazing and have a great warranty. Saw them at Lowe's and they look like tile! Pretty inexpensive too.
  • wyndyacre
    hace 11 años
    In keeping with your sports theme, I saw lots of big, colourful sports themed tin wall plaques at Hobby Lobby yesterday. They are half priced right now...are often on half priced sale.
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    These are all great suggestions. I am a charcoal grey person who loves rich chocolates...taupy I was thinking high gloss black trim for molding or just big stained raw wood stained. I am leaning towards warm, clean earthy with splashes of the right shade of chili pepper. I like the sports themed floor, but prfer to change out the art.
    I may consider using feature wall for photographers who want to sell their pics off the wall, like a sports gallery. It would be a nice things to promo artists. Thanks everyone.
  • Ana Howard
    hace 11 años
    grey flannel, navy blue and white are a beautiful, clean, easy to maintain color combo for a salon
  • Danielle B
    hace 11 años
    Red chili pepper will be perfect! Go for it Mae!
  • PRO
    Linda Mayo
    hace 11 años
    Another idea for flooring is rubber. Comes in a number of different styles and many colors

The last picture has nice colors.

FLEXCO - Rubber Flooring · Más información

FLEXCO - Prime Sports Flooring · Más información

Portland Hills House · Más información
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    That rubber flooring looks great. I wonder if it is more expensive than lux vinyl?
    Thanks for the idea.
  • mpoulsom
    hace 11 años
    It's probably expensive compared to your other options, but very nice. Check out some sources who sell it!
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    hace 11 años
    I like these rooms. They are not your predictable salon looks. The gray and black and silver are done so often. Is the floor concrete? What about doing a garage floor treatment?
    Sports Themed Media Room · Más información
    Rush The Field Wall Mural · Más información
    Bar Seating · Más información
    DKOR Interiors - Interior Design at the Beach Club, Miami Beach, FL · Más información
    Cabana House Garage · Más información
  • PRO
    Linda Mayo
    hace 11 años
    I would guess it is more expensive but rubber is typically a good material to stand on for longer periods of time.
  • PRO
    Tracy Tesmer Design/Remodeling
    hace 11 años
    You might also consider cork flooring.
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Kelly, yes! I agree! The colors are over done! I have to consider the type of clientel! I like warmer tones!
    I may add a faux stone wall as an accent feature!
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 11 años
    Depending on your sq footage the floor coating might price out very well to all your flooring choices
  • Cindy Quinton
    hace 11 años
    I like the idea of the epoxy garage flooring.
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 11 años
    Especially that you can add all kinds of flakes they make all kinds of colors you can also add metal flake also quartz flake its amazing stuff
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Flakes? What surface mixture uses flakes? Would you have a website? I have not heard of that!
  • Mae Williams
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    Space is about 650sq ft that includes reception area, cutting area shampoo space , hall to bathroom. The break room and laundry will keep its original flooring. The reception and main space is an open space, rectangle. 33 x15 feet.
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    hace 11 años
    Just do a search on houzz for garage floors. I owned a salon and my biggest cost was keeping the floors up. My staff was forever spilling hair color and shampoo and wrecking the finish on the vinyl. I would think the garage floor would be pretty durable- after all gasoline, oil etc are getting spilled on it. And if you buy extra I think you could touch it up if needed.
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 11 años
    With the industrial products there's no touch up the floor coating is a system you prep the floor then there's a primer coat then a color coat which at that point you embed color flake or metallic flake or you can leave it a solid color you can do a light coat of it or broadcast it thick for slip resistance and after it dries you top coat it with a clear urethane It might be worth getting some quotes benjamin moore has floor coatings Sherwin has them as well, ppg and there's plenty of others that supply the products
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.