Houzz Logo Print
kamccauley

Grass, gravel, or fake grass?

Karen
hace 7 años

We are in the process of landscaping our back yard. There is an area that will be about 10 x 20 ft. separate from patio hardscape and a more woodsy area. I am wondering people's thoughts on whether to use pea gravel, fake grass, or some kind of grass that doesn't need mowing, for a little sitting area, maybe put in a firepit or something. My landscaper says fake grass is great but looks terrible in the winter when everything else is not green (we're in Utah). Would love to hear your views. House and landscape is traditional.

Comentarios (7)

• cretan64
    hace 7 años
    Pea gravel or flagstone, both are very nice.
    Karen agradeció a cretan64
  • PRO
    Beach Bum Turf Co.
    hace 7 años

We are partial to the artificial turf.

• ycity
    hace 7 años
    We have all of the things you mentioned and all great!

Im especially fond of pavers and flagstones with either 1) river rock, 2) dymondia or thyme, or 3) artificial turf in between the pavers/flagstones.
  • ycity
    hace 7 años
    Also the no mow grass we have used is buffalo grass and mondo grass. Our buffalo grass goes dormant in the winter and needs sun.
  • baileysr
    hace 7 años
    Fake grass sounds really terrible to me. Whatever you do, make it real not fake. Pea gravel can be problematic because it gets kicked around easily and drifts when it rains. Low maintenance plantings like some have suggested would be great.
  • hannahlouisecarrier
    hace 5 años

Definitely get artificial grass! If you get good quality turf, it looks very authentic, you can choose the right tone of green you think is right for all year round and it looks immaculate with so little effort! We went with Maze Grass and couldn't be happier with their service and effort!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.