Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Deck mounted automatic safety cover--how much overlap is required?

Fori
hace 7 años

We're not quite at the point where we're looking for pool builders/remodelers but we ARE at the point where we're trying to get our landscape plans drawn up and need to determine if we are using a fence or an automatic safety cover.

We have a freeform pool with trees that are too close to it (but not being removed) and they might impact whether or not a safety cover can be installed. So, how much space at the sides and especially the ends of a pool is needed for the tracks for an automatic cover? Snow load is not an issue--this is just for kid safety and pool covering.

(And just for fun, if you're redoing the deck and coping anyway, can an undermounted cover be added to an existing freeform pool or am I stuck with the lumpy rectangular tarp look?)

Thanks!

(And of course if anyone DOES feel like recommending someone in the SF east bay area for covers and pool remodeling and stuff, I'd certainly appreciate it!)

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Hello Fori,

I have a deck mounted automatic pool cover as I bought a home with a pre-existing non-rectangular pool. I have only 6" on the close end (due to the deck ending), but as our covers are held closed with hydraulic pressure, that is all that is needed. Other cover (the electric clutch type), required more overlap, or even a strap, as they can pull back and expose the water (their clutch free-wheels).

On the mechanism end, I set back the unit 2' so I could walk in front of the bench.

For a ASTM certified automatic safety cover, you are looking at a rectangular shape always. There are custom cut safety covers, but they are VERY difficult to take on and off the pool, and require two or more people.

We are located in Gilroy (we are the only California based manufacturer, and this is our 36th year in business). If you'd like to have a no obligation appointment to review your options, please contact Jeff (he handles the East Bay) at 408-640-2251

Fori agradeció a User
  • Fori
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks! We'll look into it.

• PRO
    www.SwimmingPoolSteve.com
    hace 7 años

Previously I have been able to request the amount of overlap I wanted for my clients from the manufacturer. They like to see 12" to 15" from the waterline but I have gone as little as 8" in tight Toronto properties. The only thing the manufacturer warned against is leaves and debris being able to get blown under in these locations.

Fori agradeció a www.SwimmingPoolSteve.com
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.