Houzz Logo Print
wilmet45

Splashback dilemma

wilmet45
hace 7 años
I've lived in this apartment since September, but, despite completely restyling the rest of the place, haven't done anything about the kitchen. Originally I was thinking of replacing the kitchen, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on that rather than, say, a great holiday. I put up a couple of pictures to act as splash backs, but I think I really need something more permanent. But what? The cupboard doors are in zebrano and offwhite, the work surfaces are black, the floor is a really nice warm oak. Any ideas?

Comentarios (14)

• lynneamandahayes
    hace 7 años
    I'd go for a pale Aqua glass splash back.
  • PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    hace 7 años

Hi a lovely glass coloured splash back would look effective? Have a look at our projects on glass splash back walls.

• Michelle S
    hace 7 años
    Colours in the pictures look nice, so what about some antiqued mirror.
  • PRO
    hace 7 años

We can do Antique mirror 6mm thickness safety backed...

• PRO
    Modus Kitchens
    hace 7 años

Hi all,

A white glass splashback might just tie it it all together without adding any extra colour to the busy wood already there. Or as I think was mention a mirror backsplash would look really well and will make the space seem bigger and again not adding any other colour to the design.

We hope this helps,

The team at Modus

• Mystic Home
    hace 7 años

I would replace the dark worktop for a white one, if you need a refreshing look as no light bounces on dark worktops, hence why yours looks so cramped.

then you add a white splashback too, subway white tiles are the cheapest of tiles and glossy ones bounce off the light great, which creates a more airy kitchen..

If you go for mirror splashback, unless you have OCD and enjoy cleaning 3 times a day, then forget it. it will always look smudged.

• PRO
    Neil Norton Design
    hace 7 años

Something like this (different colours/designs & finishes available) could work well. Best, Lewis.

• PRO
    hace 7 años

Hi I think if you go for coloured glass something like the one we did for our client to match your off white and zebrano cupboards would look very elegant and effective...

• alyper
    hace 7 años

Change the doors to a cream as alongside, cheap and easy. Go for a coloured glass splash back to fit the area completely, say in eau de nil (see this week's houz article!)

• Vonn
    hace 7 años

Firsrly, defo go on hol, no brainer . Life's too short to stuff a mushroom. Love the idea of glass splashback. You will need a hol after the effort it takes to keep it clean anyway. Can't wait to see where you go on your travels and of course, the finished results. Good luck, safe travels.

• Sonia
    hace 7 años

Change those zebrano doors to match the other white ones. There are lots of company's who supply replacement doors, even B&Q do them. Then the world is your oyster - tiles, glass whatever in a nice soft shade to match the decor in the room. Avoid mirrored tiles, they will show every mark! Sorry but those zebrano doors give me a headache!

• Pauline cotton
    hace 7 años
    The zebrano doors are quite lovely I wouldn't change them. But I would add a glass splash back either in off white to tie in your other cupboards to the scheme or a pale colour.
  • PRO
    Handmade in Brighton
    hace 7 años
    we use quite a lot of steel in our furniture designs - I think a low (maybe 15cm high) stainless steel splashback would look fab in this context, would tie the fridge-freezer into the whole look, and would still leave a whole lot of money left over for a stonking good holiday!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.