Houzz Logo Print
fitmolar

Please help with rug color and size.

Dee Bo
hace 7 años

I am not sure what size and color to get. Current rug in the picture is 10x8. I am thinking of going 9x13 or even 11x15. Colors I am leaning towards is solid navy or dark grey to even a vintage red style rug.

What size do you guys recommend and color? I just moved in so slowly getting things together.

The wool carpet I have now sheds to much and looking to get a different rug.

Comentarios (15)

• Dee Bo
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

up

• avilla98
    hace 7 años

I agree. You should get a larger rug. I personally would try something even larger than a 9x12 or 9x13 (though that size could work out ok too).

You have such a lovely space and have done a great job so far. I look forward to seeing the progress!

• PRO
    S.Donnelly Interiors
    hace 7 años

The rug should be partially under the sofa & 2 chairs and completely under the leggy chairs. I think the space needs some pattern and a rug could bring this in. I wouldn't do navy so the chairs don't get lost, I would either stick to a neutral patterned one or a colored overdyed one (something lighter than the floor), either would work just depends on your style. As far as other ideas, I wouldn't hang curtains all the way to the ceiling in this case the windows aren't big enough to be proprotionate so if you decide to hang curtains, I would go about 1/3 between the window & ceiling. I would do a really big, or 2 smaller, artwork pieces above the 2 chairs. For the time being I would take 2 lumbar pillows on the sofa and put them on the 2 brown chairs, remove the other lumbar pillows on the sofa and get 2 bigger pillows for the sofa, and I love the black/white pillows on the navy chairs! A few side tables and a couple lamps, some decorative centerpiece on the coffee table. Add a tall plant, in what I assume to be a corner, next to the cabinet. Sorry I know this is more than you asked for since I completely understand the slow decorating process especially if you just moved in. The room has tons of potential!

Dee Bo agradeció a S.Donnelly Interiors
  • Brenda
    hace 7 años

I recommend the solid navy rug, and I agree with the comments above regarding size!

• PRO
    Studio H2O
    hace 7 años

Middle Cove · Más información

We always find great rug inspiration via Esti B:

SIGNATURE SELECTION · Más información

Can't wait to see what you come up with, congratulations on the new place!

• 111ideahound
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Agate Magic Bold Red Teal, Marble Pattern Abstract Suede Pillow Cover, 14x0.5x14 · Más información

Blue Water Wall Decor · Más información

Adesso 3029-01 Gala Arc Lamp · Más información

JB Martin Dark Navy Blue Velvet Pillow · Más información

Dee Bo agradeció a 111ideahound
  • Dee Bo
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I ended up getting a navy rug. I think it's too
    dark or two my coffee table is too dark.

• Dee Bo
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Ill try that, or maybe place the chairs slight off the carpet. The carpet is 11x15 which is pretty big compared to the 8x10 I had

• Dee Bo
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I do like the side by side but feel this way has better arrangement for tv watching. I also had it set up as the attached pictures which I believe looks better but not good for binge watching netflix. I may try to move the carpet back so the sofa sits completely on the carpet and only the front legs of the blue chairs sit on top of the rug. Will post pictures when I change it.

• cramps36
    hace 7 años
    If you keep the blue chairs, they need to be situated with all four legs on the carpet. Just two legs looks off balance. It's unsettling to the eye.
  • hatetoshop
    hace 7 años

I liked the lighter rug to feature your furniture and floors. The navy is too dark.

• PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    hace 7 años

That size rug you have in the first picture is good. A dark gray wouldn't compete with the blue of your chairs while still contrasting with the rest of your furniture.

• Dee Bo
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I like the sofa against the wall a lot but it's not good for binge watching netflix. I have to have the sofa facing the tv. I wishe I would of went with lighter color carpet at this point, but don't want to deal with sending it back. Maybe I'll put the carpet in the bedroom

• PRO
    CH Construction Group
    hace 7 años

We recommend the navy rug or gray rug, and in a medium size.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.