Houzz Logo Print
bunnyllg

How Big Should My TV Console Be???

bunnyllg
hace 7 años
I need to get a shallow console for under this tv in a small upstairs sitting room. The room is 9'8" wide X 13' long.

The wall under the tv is 93" long. The tv itself is 48.5" wide and from the floor to the bottom of the sound bar is 41.5". From the wall to the edge of the rug is 14.25".

I was looking at the Martin 3 door console from Ballard Designs in a rubbed black color. It is 36" high X 55.5" wide X 10.75" deep.

My question is would this work in the space? I feel like I need a solid piece to hide the wires and the access panel. If I did an open piece I could have shelves to put baskets on to hide the wires.

Please help! I have been in my house a year and need to finish things! Thanks!

Comentarios (11)

• bunnyllg
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The first picture is the Ballard Design console and the other 2 open design consoles are also a possibility. They are wider and might be better under the TV.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

• Bev
    hace 7 años

I really like that mirrored console that Vivus Property suggested! It's a beautiful piece and would make your TV area fabulous!

• User
    hace 7 años

I love the mirror one too but wonder if the reflection would be distracting.

• bunnyllg
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I love the mirror one too, but my house has more of a casual vibe. I also want something narrow enough to sit completely on the wood floor. Is the Ballard Design piece too small at 55.5" wide for under a TV that is 48.5" wide? That leaves only 5" protrusions on each side. Thank you everyone and thank you Beverly for the visual.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

Your T.V. is mounted way too high the center of the screen should be at eye level when you are sitting and the the console should sit just below that and be about 4-6” wider than the T.V.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

From Pier I. For your situation, I'm not sure the media cabinet needs to be longer than the TV since the wall is so narrow. I like these cabinets because they are shorter in height.

• felizlady
    hace 7 años
    A closed-front cabinet is best to hide the wiring. In a small room, a light colored console would feel less bulky.
  • er612
    hace 7 años

I like the BD console you've chosen...and I LOVE the dog above your sofa! Only thing I would change would be to lighten the chaise pillows (try swapping with one of the sofa pillows).

• bunnyllg
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you everyone for the on point advice. I can take all your suggestions and head in the right direction now. The oil painting is fun! My cousin did this of our late, great golden retriever "Brewster." It certainly has sentimental and artistic value.
    The chaise is in the room only because we moved it out of our other house which had a much larger upstairs sitting room. I love it and am sure that when my son and daughter-in-law buy a home, they will take it. Then I will get a smaller chair, more to scale with the room size.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.