Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_13298192

Open to suggestions!

User
hace 7 años
I am not enchanted by my dining space. Not sure if it's the fireplace opening color, wall color, trim or decor but Something must change! What would you do if this was your space?

Comentarios (18)

• hatetoshop
    hace 7 años

Would you consider painting the wainscotting?

• Jan
    hace 7 años
    There's a lot of wood, how about an area rug.
  • User
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I have considered painting the wainscoting but all my trim is that color. Even though it's out of vogue, I think it warms up my cream kitchen.
  • auntthelma
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Paint the window wall white. It will echo the kitchen.

Add a wonderful collection of candle holders or a great crystal bowl to the middle of the table.

I love the room. Especially that beautiful table in front of that wonderful fireplace.

Bennett Gold Candle, Gold, Unscented · Más información

Rustic Wood and Iron Votive Candleholder · Más información

• loudon1
    hace 7 años
    I would paint the wainscoting and trim white.
  • PRO
    Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center
    hace 7 años

Agreed.. I would suggest painting the wainscotting along with the window trim!!

• PRO
    Bath, Kitchen and Tile Center
    hace 7 años

Also add some color... maybe some colorful pillows on the bench and center piece on the dining room table. Good luck!

• PRO
    Joslyn Fine Metalwork Inc
    hace 7 años

Hello ,

I design and build custom lighting. Any size, a lot of styles. If you would like to have a look you can find me at stevejoslyn.com I have been building custom fixtures for over 30 years and be happy to answer any questions you might have. Steve Joslyn

• PRO
    Color Zen
    hace 7 años

White walls or something dark like navy. Add some more dynamic dining chairs- white, white with contemporary fabric, a combo.... Those 2 changes alone will really help. Good luck :)

• PRO
    Lakeside Interiors
    hace 7 años

Add colorful, patterend cushions on the chairs and bench. Add a runner on the table with some great accessories like salt and pepper dispensers, fruit bowl and flowers. Add a color to the walls, right now it's very bland. inc you don't seem to have any color scheme I would suggest a great green or blue, not too light and bright.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 7 años

Hi Carry, I am in total agreement with Ti Fy about adding green to the room to brighten it. I would also accessorize the mantle and table with colorful vases and candlesticks. You have a beautiful home.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

How about this table runner to add pizazz to your beautiful table and pull some of these colors throughout your dining area and kitchen.

Pottery Barn

• loudon1
    hace 7 años
    I would also add a rug under the table.
  • PRO
    RemodelWerks LLC
    hace 7 años

I agree with Lakeside Interiors - something that would make the room POP. Right now there is too much of the same color scheme.

• PRO
    Window Treatments by Design
    hace 7 años

Agreed with many of the comments that color pop is necessary. Window treatments, pillows, upholstery can brighten your room. I would also recommend pulling in the green colors from the kitchen into the dining room, and don't be afraid to introduce additional contrasting colors and patterns.

• Brie Stewart
    hace 7 años

I would definitely suggest adding an area rug under your dining table to break up the dark colors! To avoid painting all of your wainscoting and trim, you could add some drapes on either side of the fireplace. I might even paint the mantle white to tie in your cabinets. Changing the wall color to something less brown would help a TON too!

• Denise Bennett
    hace 7 años
    Table runner, mirrors, candles, floor rugs, throws, floor lamps all brighten up a room. Is there room to move the table running towards the fire place instead of across as this would minimise the shadows and also give you room for other lighter furniture? Two small chrome chandlers to replace current light fixtures will help too. Have fun changing it up.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.