Houzz Logo Print
cjgussy

Outdoor garden sink idea

cjgussy
hace 7 años
Hello Houzz Readers

I'm looking for ideas on how I can incorporate a small garden sink in a very tight space along the side of our house and against the back deck (which is being replaced with either a horizontal or tight lattice design)

The space is small, given the angle required to drive our car into the garage.
The driveway is also shared, so this will be visible to the neighbours.

It would be ideal to create something "multi function" that could serve my gardening needs ( sink, counter/work space, storage with a faucet and hose connection) my sons play needs ( water balloon and water gun fill ups) and also be nice enough to use as a serving and cleanup area for outdoor bbq's.

I have included two "idea pictures" - one outdoor kitchen idea (which I love but it would never fit the space) and one simple outdoor water station (which is functional but doesn't reflect the style or multi-purpose function I am hoping for)

The solution needs to use materials that would be suitable for all Canadian seasons)

To conserve space, I was also thinking the counter/work space beside the sink could be hinged to fold down when not in use, and allow for "rolling type" drawer unit to fit underneath as needed (IKEA inspired?)

I am design stumped and could really use the creative ideas and talent from The Marilyn Dennis Show, HGTV shows - OR Houzz Readers!

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you!

Comentarios (8)

• Elle
    hace 7 años

Assuming the pictured corner that has one wall with a down spout and one wall with a fence is the location you would like to put it, I am not envisioning any professional looking installation of any size that could work there.

• cjgussy
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The current space is very small as the faucet is near ground level by the downspout. We are taking down the deck/fence that currently is shown in the "as-is" picture and there will be more space in which to incorporate a small garden sink/workspace however it will indeed still be tight.
  • lucidos
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

How many feet wide is the area you propose for the sink?

• cjgussy
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I am imagining that the length of the sink/counter would be no more than 4 to 5 feet
  • lucidos
    hace 7 años

Then the sink idea would work. You can even use a rolling hard surface cart for the portion you want to easily get out of the way. These are great for haling things around the garden. And make perfect drink carts when entertaining.

• RubyRoses
    hace 7 años
    I would look for a salvaged soapstone utility sink.
  • PRO
    Garden State Soapstone
    hace 7 años

Like RubyRoses mentioned, you could use soapstone. It will last through all the seasons, since it is naturally impermeable and temperature-resistant (heat, cold, and rain will not affect it).

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.