Houzz Logo Print
lsdphotos

countertop weight comparisons

Lisa Dunham
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

http://trippinwithlsd.com/airstream/2016---demo-day.html

does anyone know the weight differences between granite, quartz, soapstone, limestone, wood butcher block and laminate over wood? 24x72. I have a tiny house that will be mobile so weight and distribution of weight is an important consideration. Thanks!

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 7 años

How about cork? A glue down cork tile (even our thickest cork tile of 8mm = 1 lb per square foot) is going to be some of the lightest material available for use on a counter top. I've had several people use cork on their floors, walls and counter tops in their tiny homes. I've also seen this done in RVs, boats, buses and vans. When weight is a concern, cork glue down tiles can be used in lieu of heavier counters.

Here is what I'm talking about: 1 box of 4mm cork (1/8") = 85sf = 37 lbs. That is more than enough cork to lay all of our counter tops in your space.

As for the "stone" products, they should all be withing a few grams per square foot of material in weight. The biggest difference will be between the laminate and stone...and the butcher block and the stone.

Laminate is mounted on fibre board (which is wood mache = almost the same as solid wood). The wood counter tops and the laminate will be close to each other in weight. Of course the thinner the material, the lighter the product. In theory you can look at acrylic surfaces (very thin and very light).

• PRO
    Garden State Soapstone
    hace 7 años

Wood butcher block is the least heavy and soapstone is the heaviest.

• delyanks
    hace 7 años

Laminate should actually be the lightest.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.