Houzz Logo Print
hcarden

brick, roof, gutter color??

hcarden
hace 7 años
looking to paint the brick, soffit, and get new gutters. the idea is to paint new gutters to match soffit color. I want to keep the trim color as is (dark brown). will be installing new tin roof. not sure on what colors to go with on gutters/soffit, and brick. suggestions?? do I want to paint the soffit and gutters same as new roof color?

Comentarios (19)

• visualizemaven
    hace 7 años

What is your goal? What look are you trying to achieve?

There is great controversy on HOUZZ about whether or not painting brick is a good or bad idea.

What color will your new tin roof be?

IMO your brick is pretty: I would change everything else to coordinate better with the brick.

Plz answer my questions above so I can help give you some direction.

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

A new roof is a big expense. Please do not choose a roof color based on the color on your rain gutters. You don't even have that much brick, why do you want to paint it? If you insist on paint it then I would match the color on your siding.

• hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    to be honest I just not a fan of the brick color but not oppose to keeping it as is if I can achieve a more desirable look/color combo. it is poss that the reddish color of the roof plus the soffit color is throwing me off as I'm not a fun of those combos. we ave to put a new roof on as we have a leak. I don't just want to put on a tin roof then decide rest of colors bc I want it all to flow. I do like the color of the doors bit willing to paint those. with that being said I'm not honestly sure what I'm going for. just want to get away from the reddish look. poss schemes that I like are below. I do like earth tones. more schemes cont....
  • hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    ...color schemes condt
  • hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    ...so say we jus do the roof and gutters/soffit then decide on whether to paint brick after what color would you go with on the roof. a more darker shade of siding?
  • smit2380
    hace 7 años

Have you selected the shingle color yet?

• hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    no on color. installing tin not shingles.
  • kathleen MK
    hace 7 años
    your choice of roof color is more limited and will be a bigger space and investment for years to come. find a neutral that will work with the brick. Try to match a tone in the brick that you do like. Then choose colors to paint gutters and woodwork.
    research photos to find what you like. you could keep the roof and the trim in darker earth tones like the brick and use lighter shades on siding and soffits or do lighter trim and midtones on the walls.
    Lots of choices but start with roof color.
  • kathleen MK
    hace 7 años
    your climate also effects your color of roof. A lighter grey or tan would reflection harsh sun. with a light roof yours soffit and siding could be a light tan, taupe or even sage green. Then match the gutters a fascia trim to the dark tone of the garage door and those random bricks.
    Keep the soffit and siding the same color whatever shade you choose.
  • hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    good points. I was thinking a tan or gray for roof. def keeping siding color as is as it was jus painted 2 yrs ago and it's my fav color of the exterior.
  • Bruce Crawford
    hace 7 años

My fascia & gutters are same color, both different from roof. If it wasn't for downspouts, you wouldn't even see the gutters.

• hcarden
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    great ideas all! thank u! I think I'll pick a roof color base on fav color n brick. and go from there. and I am guessing you can go either way on matching gutter/soffit to roof color or window trim color?
  • Bruce Crawford
    hace 7 años

My gutters & fascia match my windows. Roof is darker tile.

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

I like the color of your siding. Can you match it and use on your eaves? Then paint the new gutters to match the eaves or to match the new roof. I would not choose the roof based on brick color. Neutrals are better. If you know the roof manufacturer we could help you with the colors.

• Hank A Saurus
    hace 5 años
    What is the name of the color of the siding?
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

2 year old post. hopefully it's already done!

• PRO
    James L Holley, Professional Designer
    hace 5 años

Yeah Beth, that was my thought as well.
    There could be better moderation of posts, maybe add a "completed" button.

• Hank A Saurus
    hace 5 años
    I know it’s two years old but....Still would like to know the color of the siding that they said they loved so much! I love it too!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.