Making 2 Pieces of Complimentary Art Work Together

User
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

One big frame

Comentarios (19)

• User
    hace 7 años

I'm absolutely mad for that fabulous carpet!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    hace 7 años

That room looks very rich.

• bpath
    hace 7 años

The double-frame also complements the blocks of carpet and the windows. Love it, and yes, mad for the carpet! That's a nice day bed.

• arkansas girl
    hace 7 años

Looks like the 1970s to me...the room that is, especially the carpet. I could see that in a decorating magazine circa 1970ish.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    hace 7 años

What a great idea!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    hace 7 años

Certainly something to consider and quite ingenious. The double frame works so well with the couch and carpet.

• User
    hace 7 años

I like the color scheme. Looks like terrazzo or broken tile, not carpet.

• User
    hace 7 años

It does. But because of the colors used and the oversized look of the "broken tile", I thought it was a modern take on terrazzo done on carpeting....

I still love it... but think it would be extra fabulous as carpeting... simply because it is so unexpected!

• User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Kips Bay Show house. Sawyer Berson.

"But the stars of the room had to be the treatment of the art above the
    sofa and the spectacular terrazzo floor. Taking the two 17th century
    Andrea Vaccaro martyrdom paintings from distinguished Old Masters dealer
    Otto Naumann out of their baroque frames and placing them against a brass panel (executed by Remains Lighting) lends them a geometric halo of metallic modernity. And I love the visual dialogue with the Achille Salvagni spider chandelier (see top photo). The floor, from Durite,
    is a masterful installation that, while echoing the green and white
    matrices of Villa Necchi, adds updated pattern and movement to
    the space."

• bpath
    hace 7 años

Looking at it on the better monitor (than the old ipad) I see that the paintings are on a panel, not a frame, and love it. And what I thought was carpet is floor? Cool!

• bossyvossy
    hace 7 años

Carpet is very busy element and the rest all solids--genius!

• PRO
    David Bridburg Recycled Artwork
    hace 7 años

Allison,

You have taken some of the most interesting workable risks I have ever seen. Congrats. As an artist you might want to look me up. I work with masterworks in a contemporary way. Using some of my work you might extend your theme in other rooms.

Cheers, Dave

• User
    hace 7 años

Dave,

Wish I could live up to your compliment! You must have misread my post or have me confused with someone else.

regards, Allison

• MtnRdRedux
    hace 7 años

Man, I think that is the ugliest floor I have ever seen. I would guarantee that the next occupant tears it out. The colors .. And the flintstone scale.

• User
    hace 7 años

Sssshhhhh... Allison, just accept the compliment and move on! ;-)

• artemis_ma
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I like this a lot, and no, Arkansas, I never saw anything like this back in the 70's. I would prefer if that floor were carpet, however.

• PRO
    WWH Restoration
    hace 7 años

I will be attending Kips Bay next week, so will look at that. The single framed multiple art piece is great, just be sure that you hang it properly, as not to stress the frame. If you do not have something that big, but have multiples that you want to keep together, install them inches apart, (depending on how big they are) some times very close can be nothing but a pain to straighten after dusting.

• PRO
    Durite Terrazzo
    el último mes

Hello,

These are the floors we designed in the 2016 Kips Bay Showroom! Thanks so much for sharing, to get a quote visit: www.duriteterrazzo.com

Kips Bay Decorator Show House · Más información

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.