Houzz Logo Print
djr7205

need help attaching wood to metal

Donna R
hace 7 años

I have an outdoor pond that is metal, 9 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep, with 2 feet buried, so only 2 feet are above ground.

I bought these panels...

they will fit the perimeter nicely. I have a ton of pressure treated 4 X 4's, so I would like to use them as a spacer to hide my water line, and electric. How do I attach the lumber to the metal pond? I was thinking of something like liquid nails..would that be strong enough to hold? I prefer not to dig and bury the pressure treated, because my soil is very soft loam, and even with cement in the holes, anytime I bury a pole, it always tilts sooner or later.

Any ideas will be appreciated! Thanks, Donna

Comentarios (2)

• sunnyca_gw
    hace 7 años

I think they need a picture to tell what you are trying to do. I am thinking a metal pond would not be strong enough for any additions. You probably have to put most of the panels on outside edge of pond so just a couple inches over it. That would require a framework of metal or wood to support it. Do you want to be able to walk on the panels or place planters or decorative items on them. How thick are they, panels would have to be at least 1`/2 inch thick to support much weight, are they painted? Pictures of materials & pond would sure help!

• PRO
    WWH Restoration
    hace 7 años

Be careful with the pressure treated lumber, and any glues, if you have fish or plants living in your pond. You may be better off just setting the wood next to the edge and not applying it or using a clip of some type, even, just a nail with a large head that is nailed into the wood and the head is over the metal liner, without puncturing it.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.