Houzz Logo Print
cniss20

Pantry Question...

cniss20
hace 7 años

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to first give a huge thank you to the members who helped figure out the layout of this kitchen in my previous post!

You can see from the pictures below, we now have a kitchen with a dairy and meat section (kosher kitchen). Alongside the bottom wall is now the freezer and a large pantry area.

A question now is, what is the ideal depth for a pantry? We've heard 1 ft is excellent, but we have the ability to make it 2ft deep. If it's 2 ft deep, I know we can have pull out drawers. Our concern is, are these pull-out drawers extremely expensive?

Or just in general, anyone have any ideas on how to make this pantry wall very functional without having to spend a ton?

Thank you!

Comentarios (9)

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

I had a pull out 24" pantry and didn't really care for it too much. This remodel we are looking for a shallower pantry with fixed shelves prob 18" deep max.

• sena01
    hace 7 años

I have no idea about the cost, but here's a pantry cab I like.

Showroom Display · Más información

Somewhere in the Questions part it's mentioned that interior shelf depth was 17", 5" door storage and exterior depth 25".

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

Yes! Something along those lines is what I was thinking for our pantry cabinet. Much more efficient use of the space vs roll out shelves.

• sheloveslayouts
    hace 7 años

If I remember correctly, there was an old thread on gw surveying pantry owners and the majority of commenters wrote 16" pantries were a good depth' deep enough to store big things and shallow enough to lose less stuff.

• sjhockeyfan325
    hace 7 años

I have both 12" and 18" deep shelves in my pantry and I like having both. I store boxes and cans of food on the 12" shelves, and all manner of stuff on the 18" shelves - little-used appliances, platters and trays, bags, all my baking tools. (FWIW, I also have very shallow shelves (maybe 4 or 5" deep) in a storage area in my bathroom and I find them a little TOO shallow - I'd like them to be a little deeper, maybe 8")

• PRO
    Kitchen Cabinet Kings
    hace 7 años

24" D pantries are quite common, if space allows we suggest going with that option. With the addition of roll-out trays in 24" D pantry cabinets you will be able to get a ton of accessible storage.

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

My problem with roll outs is having to open cabinet doors then roll outs to see what's in the back. Unless you are super organized things get lost in the back and it's an extra step I'd rather not do.

• cpartist
    hace 7 años

I had a 24" deep pantry with roll out shelves. It wasn't a problem at all, although I must admit the cabinet was only 21" wide. I had no problem seeing into the back of the cabinet.

In my new house, I'm planning on again doing exactly the same thing except the cabinet will be wider. :)

• smm5525
    hace 7 años

I couldn't see the short stuff like baby food jars, linguine boxes, cans, etc without having to roll out the shelf.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.