Houzz Logo Print
wsunmu

White or stainless steel appliances for beach cottage?

wsunmu
hace 7 años

Light colored countertops, light oak cabinets and we are conflicted on the color of appliances to buy, white or stainless steel. The industry seems to really push stainless steel making it seem the appliances to have nowadays. So does having white appliances make a place seem dated?

White appliances for traditional beach cottage look?
Stainless steel appliances for a modern beach cottage look?

Comentarios (7)

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años

i like stainless. they go with everything.

• ritting28
    hace 7 años
    White looks clean and fresh. Appliances don't last as long as they used to, so you ought to buy what you prefer to look at, unless you expect to move within 5 years.
  • Bev
    hace 7 años

I would normally say stainless steel but since you are in a beach cottage, white would look the best with those beach colors!

• km kane
    hace 7 años
    Depends on what your cabinets are. Everyone is gaga over stainless, but I think they stick out like a sore thumb in an off-white or white kitchen as well as kitchens with really dark cabinets. Or consider a panel-ready dishwasher and refrigerator, and they'll blend it in with your cabinets = no decision needed!
  • PRO
  • User
    hace 7 años

At a beach house I would do white, you want to try to avoid rust for as long as you can.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.