Houzz Logo Print
jjill21

Can this equation be solved?

jjill21
hace 11 años
2 pups + 1 muddy LI backyard + 1 giardinophile & naturalizer = ?
So far, disaster. The pups stay clear of the border gardens so I get my herbs and summer tomatoes without issue. The problem is devising a design with natural elements, flagstone, gravel...softscaping with more plants and less grass. Pups do a bit of romping so grass doesn't grow well. Is there a solution to keep everyone happy?

Comentarios (3)

• nasmijati
    hace 11 años
    A hardy ground cover instead of lawn might work. Ask at your local (not a national chain) nursery about what is native to your area. The horticulturalist on staff will be able to answer all of your questions.
  • PRO
    Ridge Crest Landscaping and Lawn Care LLC
    hace 11 años
    What Zone are you living in? I recommend the use of Mondo Grass and Ajuga for some hardy groundcovers. Also creating some large mulch areas for the dogs to play on. Mulch areas are much more forgiving to high traffic and will keep down the mud.
  • PRO
    EasyTurf
    hace 11 años
    Good morning, Jill,
    I don't know if you've found an answer that works for you yet or not, but EasyTurf certainly solves your problems. EasyTurf looks and feels like the real thing, and with its unmatched drainage, we are the pet-friendliest artifical grass on the market. Two-thirds of our customers are pet owners - local humane society's have installed EasyTurf because of our durability and quality. Check us out - www.easyturf.com - and/or let me know if you have any questions.
    Cheers!
    George
    http://www.houzz.com/pro/easyturfdesign/__public
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.