alibarney

Need help front makeover

hace 8 años
Love in upstate NY. Seventies "modern"
Ranch. Painted cedar siding. In need of desperate front makeover. Redid backyard and deck now I want to close my eyes when I pull in. Would
Love portico but roof is pitched and can't change anything structurally. Thinking it would be nice to tie the back into the front and give a cohesive feel. Need new garage doors and I know from door needs to be replaced but will have to be painted for now. I can take out the lovely gold Inset and make plain but that's about it.
Would love some budget friendly ideas.

Comentarios (20)

• hace 8 años
    Looks better already. Not much sun in front what kind of tree is the pretty pink one. And thank you!!
  • hace 8 años
    Japanese Maple-there are lots of varieties.
  • hace 8 años
    Yes definitely considered painting any ideas would be welcome. It's in the woods so i think the initial plan was to blend in.
  • hace 8 años
    might be able to leave the body of the house as is, but paint window sashing light/white and add shutters to Windows . matching blinds on the inside unify the outside appearance. group those awesome stones and asymmetrically plant forester feather reed grasses for height along with hostas and color spots. With landscape lighting it will look dramatic!
  • hace 8 años

Your deck is beautiful! I would repaint your house dark gray with an even darker gray/black trim. Here are some color ideas:

Magnolia Residence 03 · Más información

Taylor Creek Ranch · Más información

• hace 8 años

Anything but the current brown.

• hace 8 años
    Windows are aluminum trim and can't be painted. Once they are they void the lifetime warranty.
    Thinking adding cedar trim around Windows?
    Need color ideas.
  • hace 8 años
    perhaps the natural fence color would work?
    then shutters that match the front door. light colored blinds inside would add a lift. the turquoise of the pot out front could be repeated by adding some bigger dramatic pots to the landscape. I know brown isn't trendy right now, however in wooded areas, it blends into the environment. where I live a light colored house in the woods just means high maintenance due to moss and dirt.
  • hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I like the middle color best. It will look great with cedar around the windows. For what it's worth, I like your front door as is.

• hace 8 años
    I like it too. Now just have to find a similar one thanks.
  • hace 8 años
    What color is the roof? If it is brown, grey siding might not be the best choice.
  • hace 8 años
    The roof is brown
  • PRO
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

what direction is front of the house face to North south east ? what about light is it full sun there provide a bit more detail I'll be happy to get you some idea actually send some more picture picture addition to this pic right and left side, Are there any deer or animal that would eat those plants

• hace 8 años

flopsycat makes a good point. Here are some other color options:

Arts and Crafts Home · Más información

Family Residence, Renovation Project, Exterior Front · Más información
    The colors that I posted previously, notably the dark gray and navy siding, would work with white/cream trim:

• hace 8 años

Get a backhoe in and reclaim earth from the ashphalt parking lot - that's a good start.

• hace 8 años

Can the siding be stripped?

If not, maybe just a lighter grayer brown with low, lacy foundation plantings:

• hace 8 años

Here are some Benjamin Moore samples to try:

• hace 8 años
    The siding can't be stripped. The asphalt parking lot is the driveway and cannot be removed.
  • hace 8 años
    I cannot do anything major except a painting and perhaps the trim. We have a long driveway and I think the previous owner's intention was to blend in. We face the north and have limited sun and lots of trees, deer and critters. Thanks for the helpful ideas.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.