Houzz Logo Print
jamie_thomas4607

Kitchen cabinets in a log home

Jamie Thomas
hace 8 años
I have a log home that we are renovating...so much wood! The kitchen cabinets are in excellent shape, very high quality...but ugly. I'm thinking of painting them antique white, full backsplash and have slate appliances in order. Also, adding hardware in oil rubbed bronze/black. What do you think?

Comentarios (8)

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

The wood is the charm of a log home. We left ours natural and will paint them once the years of wear and tear require some camouflage. I'd focus on upgrading all those light, unless you just did.

• Jamie Thomas
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Oh...the lights are going! And the floor will be circle sawn fir, so too much wood in one spot.
  • delyanks
    hace 8 años

It would work. If you were keeping the tile the white would not look good.

• User
    hace 8 años

Whitewashing or pickling the cabinets would be charming.

Scandinavian Renovation · Más información

• PRO
    General Finishes Corporation
    hace 7 años

Hi Jamie!

Have you thought about General Finishes Milk Paint? We have a wide range of colors to pick from and if you're thinking about white, here is a link to our design center so you can see some examples http://designs.generalfinishes.com/color-category/white

Here is a link to our youtube channel with our tutorials on how to use GF products https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QK6Nd4_Ig

Hope this helps!

-General Finishes

• Jamie Thomas
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I actually bought a sample of the GF Milk Paint in a warm white color (but I don't remember the name). I'll be testing it out on a door in the next week or so. The lighting contractor is working on new lighting options so that we don't have the ugly track lighting. New slate appliances are arriving in a week, so excited to see how they go together.

• PRO
    General Finishes Corporation
    hace 7 años

Fantastic! Let us know how things turn out and send us some photos if you have a chance. Happy painting!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.