Houzz Logo Print
smwilliams317

I need help with my vessel sink on my bathroom vanity

smwilliams317
hace 8 años

I recently had my master bath renovated with the addition of a new counter top and vessel sink for my vanity. The type of vessel sink that I had installed has the faucet mount directly to the top of the vessel (1st picture). My dilemma as to do with the hot/cold hook up in the back of the sink. Currently the two lines come from a hole in the counter to the bottom of the faucet which is attached to the top of the sink (2nd picture). I'm worried that if water spills on the counter, it will run into the open hole and drip down into my cabinet. Is there a product of some kind that I can use to plug the hole? Or possibly a different idea? Cosmetics don't really matter here since the back of the sink is completely hidden from view. Thank you!

Comentarios (12)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 8 años
    Caulk around the bottom of sink where hole is should help secure sink and prevent water
  • leelee
    hace 8 años

Vessel sink. Isn't the faucet supposed to be extra tall and be attached to the counter?

• smwilliams317
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

No with these particular vessels, the faucet actually mounts to the sink.

Here's a better picture of the full sink

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

i havent seen one this style. could we have a sideways photo...what it looks like edge on?

ah thanks. and what does the back look like?

• smwilliams317
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

It's hard to get a good picture of that...

Does this make more sense?

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 8 años

yes! thanks. i understand now. i should think it wouldnt be too hard to seal the hole well enough... did the specs from the sink offer any suggestions? i wouldnt think so much water would go over that it would be a big problem.

smwilliams317 agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • smwilliams317
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

ok, thanks! I'll see if I can find the spec sheet from the manufacturer.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 8 años

I would consult with the supplier you bought them from...I am sure this was not installed properly?

• User
    hace 8 años

So, theoretically, you could pick up the whole sink, correct?

I would outline the sink (include the recessed back part) with washable marker and lay a bead of silicone caulk well into the inside of the outline. Very little though so that it doesn't ooze out when you reset the sink....

• PRO
    Glen and Joy Thompson
    hace 8 años
    I have dealt with this situation several times. It is possible to use a cord pass through/escutcheon to start with and then seal it with 100% silicone. Another "simple" option since aesthetics aren't an issue, simply run beads of silicone caulk around the hole and fill it in which will seal the hole. Just a couple methods I've used. Hope it helps!
    smwilliams317 agradeció a Glen and Joy Thompson
  • tatts
    hace 8 años

You don't need to seal up the hole by filling it full of caulk. If the hoses move (knocked or grabbed from underneath, etc.) it could be a problem.

All you need to do is create a dam around the hole. The water can never get too deep, because it will run off the edges of the countertop. I would get a piece of PVC (or other plastic) pipe, just big enough in diameter to encircle the hole, cut a 1/2"slice across it, split it on one side, slip it around the hoses (or unscrew them, pull them out, put the intact ring on and reconnect them), and caulk it in place (and up the split if you made one). That way, the hoses are free to move and you have a dam around the hole.

If you are lucky, you might be able to find a plastic pipe that just fits inside the hole and you could caulk it in place. That would be neater.

smwilliams317 agradeció a tatts
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.