Houzz Logo Print
anna_balso

What style dining table and chairs?

Anna Balso
hace 8 años
I'm having trouble picking dining table and chairs... I don't know what material to use..what kind of wood, what color tone,pedestal table or four legs or concrete... Then the chairs... Size of table.. Here is pic of my renovated eat in galley kitchen... Open to living area where I also have to buy furniture... All furniture is going...

Comentarios (87)

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I agree, the base is wood and the stripes on top is wood too...gives it a different vibe depending on the chairs...something to thinks about...
  • Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The free form however is more appealing to me... I have always liked them...I saw one last week but was 96 inches long... So disappointed ... I can only go 90 at the most and that is stretching it lol
  • Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The one I have now is 80 inches x 44. I think the ideal size is 80-90" x 40"... Anything longer would go into the wood floor area. My kit hung dining area is ceramic
  • Geneviève
    hace 7 años

You could have one made to measure if you really want 90" one with an extension would work if you have a lot of people over during the Holidays . I found this one I was trying to envision it in your place ... what do you think?

Standard Furniture Gateway White 7-Piece Dining Room Set with Parsons Chairs · Más información

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I like the table... The chairs nit so much... You are right... I think it would be best to have one made and include an extension for entertaining .... Thank you so much Genevieve for all your help!!! I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow for Mother's Day and do all that you love xx
  • Geneviève
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Please place a photo once you have the new table and chairs . Thank you Anna and

Happy Mother's Day to you and all the Moms ,

Anna Balso agradeció a Geneviève
  • Geneviève
    hace 7 años

Hybrid Tea Rose · Más información

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I sure will!!! Thank you and enjoy your day!!!!

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    hace 7 años

This table is from a design of ours. It might help in your design process.

East Hamptons: Dining Room · Más información

Anna Balso agradeció a Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
  • Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Very nice.... Do you have a view of the side top finish and legs? What size is it?

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The shade of the table is just about right...
  • Geneviève
    hace 7 años

Anna , that table is beautiful and those chairs too!

looking at your original table and chairs ,the black chairs that you have seem too dark for your dining room consider the light colour instead.

Anna Balso agradeció a Geneviève
  • Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Your absolutely right.... There needs to be a contrast... Dark chairs would only go with table top...

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

What do you think of this chair?

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I saw this table too on sale for half price... Wasn't too sure told the tone of the table top which might be too yellow?

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I think I would prefer a walnut shade which might be more neutral...

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Didn't realize there are two different chairs... But it's the the light beige canvas one with thin black iron legs...its padded...
  • PRO
    Huston & Company
    hace 7 años

Is this one interesting to you?

The Karu Table by Huston & Company · Más información

It's oak with a raw steel strip down the center of the tabletop, and also at the outside of the trestles. Could be built almost any size. Shown with a grey stain, could be different stain. Also would look great with more casual chairs.
    Dining Room · Más información

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

The raw steelnleg is similar but top is live edge.... .similar but prefer live edge craftmaship

• PRO
    Huston & Company
    hace 7 años

We built one recently with this tabletop. This client didn't want the steal on the tabletop, just on the trestle. It's solid walnut.

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

The tables are all very nice , my favourite is the one from Durivage :) the ones that you saw in the show room the first one could work ,perhaps if you could bring a little sample home with you and see if the colours would work . The second one aside from the price isn't really what i would get ,one side has the natural shape of the tree and the other is a straight cut ,to me this takes its natural beauty away ,this is one of the reason why i like the one that the one from Durivage offers .... I wonder the price of it though !

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Tra out Of All if gente durivage onde is still My favorite ... Eh at do Think of this beige canvas chiaro to go with the durivage table, the legs are black like the i table legs

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I wonder the price too.... Gonna dig...try to find out...

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Price for durivage table that is...

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I asked the question plus they are in Montreal .... I can give them a call tomorrow...

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

The York Table by Huston & Company · Más información

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

Look at these chairs legs and look at your cabinets what do you see?

Joyce :: Kitchen · Más información

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I like the chairs....do you mean the cabinet in the living room ? I am not keeping any of the furniture

• suzyq53
    hace 7 años

Getting in late but your kitchen looks modern and all the tables you're picking are not. Which is it?

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

No I meant the cabinet doors in the kitchen .

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Oh yes... Color combo... Yes...

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Syzyq53... My kitchen is modern but... That does not you cannot mix ....I want it personalized ... I don't want it looking like I walked into the store and bought a set... The overall look and feel is what is important to me...

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

Wood is never out of style

Dream Home 2010 'Hottage' · Más información

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

A bit of humour for the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn0_QVXuXuk

• Geneviève
    hace 7 años

The more I look at these wavy slices of wood the more i love those curves, I really get a sense of softness and that "WOW " feeling:)

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I know.... It grows on you... And so versatile... Depending on the chairs it can really change the look....
  • ashtonchic
    hace 7 años

Love the wooden table you found above with the Fabricut sign on it. I wonder if the live edge tables will stand the test of time? To me they are kind of a fad. Love the chairs Genevieve shows with the separate back and seat and the beautiful bent wooden legs. Make sure you check table height and chair height to make sure you don't end up with your chin too close to the table! If your current table and chairs are a good match, measure them and get new ones the same height. Love your new kitchen by the way....

Anna Balso agradeció a ashtonchic
  • Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Astonchic: do you mean this table? Fabricut? Yes the height of table and chairs are very important. I love the live edge and the only reason I am always hesitant is that I wonder if it's too trendy and will later be dated...

• suzyq53
    hace 7 años

Custom Home · Más información

Custom Home · Más información

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I like it suziq53, but too modern for me... Thank you

• ashtonchic
    hace 7 años

Yes you got the right table, my bad with misspelling. I think it is a really nice solution - I love the live edge, but is it too trendy?

• PRO
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Eat in kitchen right? Or is it for a formal dining area and what size? Sorry I am late to the party! :)

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Home interior with ease: Eat in kitchen open to livingroom. I do not have a separate dining room. I'd like an artistic calming comfy feel with living lounge area. Ceramic floor seperation from kitchen to living... Dining area 11.5 ft wide x 9 ft long , living room appx 11.5 ft wide x 21 long. ( current dining table 80x 44 max I think I can go for table is 90 inches long

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

I love this William Sanoma Home extendable dark wood table....39"x72".....extends to 94" t is solid wood (oak) no veneers.

I would add black side chairs with host upholstered chairs for a eclectic mix that looks collected over time.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Here is another combination with a (to die for) live edge pedestal table.

Low back side chairs

host chair in crisp white and low back.

• Anna Balso
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hey everyone... Artemano interior designer coming over next Wednesday... They will give me onsite input ... They have all kinds of exotic tables etc... Will keep you posted
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 7 años

Good Luck!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.