Houzz Logo Print
kurtisshan

Need a Beige to Pair with SW Sea Salt

kurtisshan
hace 8 años

This is for a south facing family room with vaulted ceiling that doesn't get a ton of light. I want one accent wall with SW Sea Salt and need a light beige to pair with it which will go on the other family room walls and the adjoining breakfast area and kitchen. All three rooms are completelyopen to each other. The entire space is south-facing across the back of the house. (Kitchen cabinets are SW Pure White and all trim and doors for this whole area are SW Snowbound.) I had settled on SW Natural Linen for the beige, but hubs says the samples I painted are starting to look olive next to the sea salt, and I think he's right.

Comentarios (25)

• tibbrix
    hace 8 años

SW Maison Blanche. Beautiful color.

kurtisshan agradeció a tibbrix
  • tinam61
    hace 8 años

oooh pretty Tib! I love Sea Salt!

kurtisshan agradeció a tinam61
  • kurtisshan
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thanks so much! They look great together. Going tomorrow to get a sample.

• User
    hace 8 años

Kurt, this is just food for thought, but we used the SW Sea Salt originally in our master bath which is also not well lit. I loved the color in daylight but in the master bath the tone was so light it almost looked white. We repainted with Comfort Gray which is the same color only a shade darker and now you can actually see the color. Also, because beige can often have unwanted untones of pink, you may want to consider a soft cream which will also help to brighten the room up a bit.

kurtisshan agradeció a User
  • torreykm
    hace 8 años

How about Aloof Gray? I'm not sure it's reading accurately on the monitor though.

kurtisshan agradeció a torreykm
  • torreykm
    hace 8 años

• tibbrix
    hace 8 años

My broker had Maison Blanche in her house (which she recently sold), which is how I know what it looks like, in all kinds of light. I don't like pink undertones, except in this color! It's almost like a balletic white. It turns a beautiful, soft beige in lower light. It was the main color in their house, and they had Sea Salt in their (very light) bedroom.

Here is the Maison Blanche in their LR and FR and the Sea Salt in their guest room.

• tibbrix
    hace 8 años

SW Creamy would probably also be a great choice.

• tibbrix
    hace 8 años

1: Maison Blanche

2: Creamy

• nosoccermom
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Creamy is a great color. It doesn't look peachy at all, as it looks here on my monitor.

I'd probably pair Sea Salt with something that's a more greyish beige rather than a brownish beige.

I really have to look at Maison Blanche sometime. If nothing, I like the name.

kurtisshan agradeció a nosoccermom
  • satine_gw
    hace 8 años

Look at SW bungalow beige. Beautiful beige with no pink undertones.

kurtisshan agradeció a satine_gw
  • IdaClaire
    hace 8 años

SW Accessible Beige is a beige that leans towards the gray.

kurtisshan agradeció a IdaClaire
  • laughablemoments
    hace 8 años

Definitely test Maison Blanche before committing to it. We just painted our upstairs hall and the north wall of our stairwell in that color. I almost died when it first went on, it looked really peach when wet. As it dried, it calmed down a lot. It took a few weeks for me to recover ; ), but now I'm liking it better. Our space has 2 windows, only on the North side, and one has a stained glass perimeter, which may be throwing the color into more peachiness than it would have otherwise. We trimmed it out with SW Whitetail, and they look nice together. I used a color that's a darker version than sea salt ("oops" can, no name, sorry.) on the front door, and I do like them with each other.

We've done lots of painting over the years, and this was our first foray into Sherwin Williams paints. DH and I both vowed, "never again." We much prefer the coatability, spreadability, blendability, etc. of Ace Royal, Clark & Kensington, Behr, or even Glidden. It was a disappointing and expensive purchase, even with a sales coupon. I'll use the SW color deck for their great choices, but have them mixed elsewhere from here on out.

kurtisshan agradeció a laughablemoments
  • kurtisshan
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Wow! You all have given me some wonderful choices and food for thought. I really appreciate all of the input. I'm painting samples on today and tomorrow. I'll let you know when I finally have a winner!

• nosoccermom
    hace 8 años

It's part of the Coastal Cool collection

so Accessible Beige, which is a gorgeous color in real life, may be the one if you want beige.

kurtisshan agradeció a nosoccermom
  • alex3sons
    hace 7 años

Be careful. Sample Accessible Beige in ALL rooms. Looks like mud in mine. My rooms have east or west one window of natural light or no natural light. Glad I testeded it on walls rather than just going off my designer's "Trust me!

kurtisshan agradeció a alex3sons
  • Darcy
    hace 7 años

Can I ask what motivated you to decide you wanted an accent wall? We've used Sea Salt in our open concept living room, kitchen, foyer and hall. Then we used it again in the master bedroom. It really plays well as a neutral.

kurtisshan agradeció a Darcy
  • kurtisshan
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

So we went with the Maison Blanche/Sea Salt combo, and it looks fantastic! I will try to post pics. tomorrow. I have to say that as much as I absolutely love how these two colors turned out, they look almost nothing like the poster board samples I painted and held up all over the place! The Maison Blanche was lighter than I expected, which turned out to be a good thing and really helps to lighten the room. I had read what a chameleon color Sea Salt can be but was still surprised to find that it reads much more blue than my samples, which read green. Paint colors can be crazy! Thank you all again for the wonderful tips and suggestions. And extra special thanks to Tibbrix for introducing me to my beige winner, Maison Blanche. :)

Darcy, great question about the accent wall. Initially, I wanted to paint the entire area in Sea Salt. After much consideration, hubs and I feared that it wouldn't be neutral enough for us because there is so much white trim in the whole area to make the color pop. And...he and I are not very daring. This is the first time in 20 years of marriage that we've had any paint color in our family room other than grey or beige. ;) We actually ended up doing the family room accent fireplace wall in Sea Salt as well as the area around the white kitchen cabinets (which is at the opposite end of the entire area.) I was nervous that it would break things up too much, but it really turned out beautifully. I bet your downstairs looks amazing. Maybe next time I can be braver!

• Darcy
    hace 7 años

I'd love to see photos!

• peaches12345
    hace 7 años

Could you post some pics of your new room. I'd love to see it and also am looking at SS myself for my master bedroom. I'm anxious to see how blue the Sea Salt is. It is supposedly more green/gray than blue/gray. I need a light neutral green/gray with a touch of blue. Quiet Moments is too blue.

• tibbrix
    hace 7 años

I am thrilled that you are so happy with the outcome!

• laughablemoments
    hace 7 años

Glad the colors are pleasing to you. Looking forward to pictures. :)

• artsyannie
    el último año

Look at SW divine white. It’s an off white- more beige. I chose that for my primary living areas : dining, kitchen ( warm white cabinets) and north facing great room . I am going to make an accent wall in the great room Sea Salt, where a large soft white wall unit covers most of the wall. 🙏🤞🏼

• artsyannie
    el último año

Oops! Sorry. You already chose. Hope you love it

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.