Houzz Logo Print
debra_verwolf_voorhorst

What color should I paint my house and shutters? What would go with th

Comentarios (15)

• Bev
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

If the brick is red, light gray or green for the siding color and use a darker shade of whatever you choose for the shutters, like charcoal gray or olive green. You could have fun with the door and paint it a vibrant color like red, blue, or yellow.

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a Bev
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    hace 8 años

I strongly suggest that the shutters be removed and not reinstalled as they are entirely too small for that window and there are no other shutters on any of the windows. After that you could go with a:

Dark Taupe

Dark Gray

A lighter gray

or if you wanted to do more color a medium dusty blue.

I personally like the first two that are deeper neutral tones. I would leave the window trim white as the windows are very architectural in appearance and I think the lighter color highlights them.

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

Agree with Kevin about removing the shutters. My choice of his renderings is the dark taupe. It blends with the brick bottom and makes the house appear taller.

Cute house and yard...

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a JudyG Designs
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

Your contemporary style windows certainly don't need folksy stick-on "shudders" so those should go. If you see colors you like, get a sample pot and a large white poster board for each color you want to sample. Paint the boards and you can prop them all around your home to see how weather, light, time of day, and exposure affect them. Pick the one you like best in every condition.

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • emmarene9
    hace 8 años

Taupe and off white shutters, if you keep them.

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a emmarene9
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 8 años

The shutters need to go for sure they make no sense on that window( shutters need to sized so that they look like they could actually cover the window)

Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Quite unanimous suggestions here!! I'm loving all of them and am leaning towards taupe. Feel bad for my little "shudders" though. I guess they will come off this weekend!

• groveraxle
    hace 8 años

I'll be the naysayer here. Well, not on the "shudders"; those definitely need to go. But on the color; I like the color you have now better than any of the darker ones.

• PRO
    Wendt Design Group
    hace 8 años

A medium or light gray. If you are looking at getting a bigger change on the way the house looks, you could paint the brick and then the house will look larger- and have just the white windows. Later you can see what a larger shutter that has a solid face might look like- something with color. I can photograph the color of a shutter from a project I did and post it for you.

Autor original
    hace 8 años

Very nice! Thanks!

Autor original
    hace 8 años

Wendt..I'd be interested in seeing that. Thanks

• PRO
    Wendt Design Group
    hace 8 años

Will try to get by the house this weekend

• Kathy
    hace 8 años
    I also like the lighter gray with pop of color on front door as Grover suggested, and nix the shutters. If the brick is on all four sides of your house you might want to think twice about painting it. Unless there is some great new product it will need to be maintained, whereas now it is maintenance tree. If it is just on front it may not be that big a problem to repaint down the road. Personally I wouldn't paint it.
    Debra Verwolf_Voorhorst agradeció a Kathy
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I'm not quite ready to paint those bricks. I'm trying to embrace them first.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.