jemster

Colour scheme for north facing room

jemster
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

Living room · Más información

I am truly hopeless at this please can someone help?

I've posted before about various issues but as regards colour for the walls I've decided to ditch completely my idea to paint the living room grey - most greys come up brown or mink. Some greys do show as more of a blue but still somehow look dingy and washed out.

I'm thinking of choosing quite natural colours like creams, whites and beiges but I still don't know what to do with the walls. They are currently plain white but this just looks dingy unless it's night time and electric lights are on.

I've got a dresser painted in Farrow and Ball White Tie and I've noticed that no matter what the light conditions are it always looks lovely and bright and creamy so I was thinking of painting the walls in it. Would that give me the natural background do you think or too creamy to be neutral?

I've also read that Joa's white looks great in north facing rooms but from what I can see of it I can' help thinking it will just go brown and I don't really want brown walls.

To clarify the floor in these photos looks orange but the actual colour is warm dark brown, the wood is bamboo.

Does anyone have any advice, please? I'm open to any suggestions by the way.

Comentarios (3)

• jemster
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Bump

• PRO
    Vanessa Buirski Interiors
    hace 8 años
    White Tie would be a great solution - it is a fresh & a warm off white with yellow tones which will really help in a North facing room. I would avoid Joa's white as it has quite a pink tone. Why not also put a very large mirror on the back wall - this will help bounce more light around.
    If you want to add some interest, paint the door & wall around it in a deeper colour.
  • Anastaziia VELUPPILLAI
    el último año

The pink is actually very pretty - north facing room dont have a lot of light anyhow- it is something just better to go with it What colour did you choose in the end?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.