Houzz Logo Print
jacraigie

help-wavy black glass tile installed wrong??

jacraigie
hace 8 años
última modificación:hace 8 años

We had wavy black glass tile installed. We are disappointed!! It looks very uneven. The grout is straight but you can see through the glass along the edges. It was placed over white drywall. I am wondering if the back should have been painted black so we can't see through to the drywall in places?? Thinking out tile guy or contractor would have known this???

Comentarios (10)

• jacraigie
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

• jacraigie
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

• smileythecat
    hace 8 años

That is a good question, I was thinking about installing a tile that looks like this, could it be a issue with the tile itself? Anybody?

jacraigie agradeció a smileythecat
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 8 años

Each and every tile has the SAME "clear" surround at the edges. This tells me it is the tile and not the setter. And "No" the tile setter would not "know" to do this. If you TOLD them to do it (and you paid for it to be done) they will do something about the edges....but if YOU didn't say it...and there is NOTHING in the literature to state it "should" be painted black then the installer is NOT responsible for the look of a tile.

I'm sorry but these tiles look very good....more to the point the INSTALL looks very good. Your complaint is with the manufacturer.

jacraigie agradeció a Cancork Floor Inc.
  • Terri Henderson
    hace 8 años

If I were doing this tile job, I probably would have said something about the clear edge around each tile. I don't understand what the purpose is for this. Even if you had painted your wall, the adhesive would still be showing behind the clear part.

• Terri Henderson
    hace 8 años

I have tried to find wavy tile like this that is clear around the edges, and I cannot find anything. Could you look it up and see if the manufacturer makes any suggestions on how to install this?

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    hace 8 años

If the product was bought in a box, the instructions on how the material should properly be installed should be in each box. This sheet will advise the correct setting material needed.

Terri- Most glass tile products are like this. Very common.

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 8 años
    How did it look in the showroom? Did they use light or dark grout?
  • PRO
    Foreverpools
    hace 6 años

Before applying, thin set should have been mixed with special black powder (sold in HD) to avoid the final result seen in your project

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.