Houzz Logo Print
lindel

Picture height?

Lindel
hace 8 años
My new piece of art is 1250mmx1250mm and will be hung above our new bed head (1300mm tall) on a wall that is 3250mm up to the picture rail. At what height should it be hung?

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    Bell Development and Design
    hace 8 años

Generally the middle of the piece should be at eye height but with yours going over a 1250 high bedhead, it's already going to be higher than that, so I'd just allow about 100mm (10cms) gap at most above the top of the bedhead to the bottom of the art. PS. Aren't you lucky to have such high ceilings!

• Lindel
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Thx so much! We had to buy our own scaffolding so that I could paint....but when it's put away, those blown globes and cobwebs are just a bit pesky!
  • jmm1837
    hace 8 años

Can't help you with the blown globes. Can help you with the cobwebs:

https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/dust-do-interior-decorators-not-encounter-this-phenomenon-dsvw-vd~3811841?n=29

Towards the end of the link....

• wendan26
    hace 8 años

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm but do you have another wall to put up your painting, the painting is too small to fit over the top of your bedhead, any painting/picture etc should be the same length as your bedhead or just a tiny tad shorter or put it up but get 2 smaller art pieces and put them on both sides of the larger one but don't go over the length of the bedhead. Love the bedhead, classy!!

• jmm1837
    hace 8 años

And so you should be happy. It looks great. The high ceilings help with the proportions, I think.

• LouieT
    hace 8 años

I think it looks great Lindel!

Lovely soft palette & proportions look good too...I really like that painting so well done to you!

• vasali
    hace 8 años

Love your art. May I ask where you purchased this piece from?

• Lindel
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    Vasali, bought it here in little ole Tassie. Artist is Sarah Brooke and I believe some of her work is available online.
  • PRO
    matthews mcdonald architects
    hace 8 años

As a rule- I believe pictures/paintings should be hung with eye height one third down from the top of the painting (ie 2/3 from the bottom).

• Kathy Tokarczyk
    hace 8 años
    I ever quite get the eye height thing with paintings. People are different heights, so what happens when one person is 6 foot tall and another is 5 foot ??????
  • PRO
    matthews mcdonald architects
    hace 8 años

This is true Kathy - we work on an average eye height of 1.60 - 1.65m.

• Lesley Taylor
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

My personal preference would be to purchase a longer piece of artwork for above the bedhead and to hang your present art so that you can see it when you are in bed. May I suggest my painting for above the bed. It will show that you have a sense of humour and it will fit your decor. It is called 'There was a young lady who lived in a shoe" and can be seen at Bluethumb

https://bluethumb.com.au/lesley-taylor/Artwork/there-was-a-young-lady-who-lived-in-a-shoe-she-had-so-many-children-she-didn-t-know-what-to-do-lesley-taylor

and is 152.6cm (W) x 76.3cm (H) x 3.5cm (D)

• PRO
    Custom Abstract Art - Mendo Vasilevski
    hace 8 años

That's the perfect amount of breathing room from the bedhead. NICE. Think I recognise the little picture on the artwork. I saw it in a framing store once. Is this the girl that gets her Aussie designs painted overseas? If so she is going great guns.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.