Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

5 Rules of Thumb for Better Home Design

cpartist
hace 8 años

Found this blog with this page and thought there was some good basic info on it.

5 Rules

Comentarios (15)

• Amy79
    hace 8 años

Thanks! I read through that and 1-4 are all yeses for us. #5 was ruled out years ago for various cost and structural reasons. Still plugging away though.

cpartist agradeció a Amy79
  • Architectrunnerguy
    hace 8 años

Goes hand in hand with another great thread CP started a while back:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3285825/what-makes-a-house-have-good-design?n=39

cpartist agradeció a Architectrunnerguy
  • mushcreek
    hace 8 años

We certainly checked all of the boxes, although #5 is irrelevant, as we started with raw land.

cpartist agradeció a mushcreek
  • Oaktown
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

In general, seems a nice read.

Author needs to retake geometry. Or he/she can talk about simple rectangles and the associated roofs generally being less complicated to construct.

cpartist agradeció a Oaktown
  • arialvetica
    hace 8 años

"Keep it sketchy" is probably the rule that trips up most people who come to this forum for help! We come in with an almost finished DIY or stock plan, which paints us into a corner.

cpartist agradeció a arialvetica
  • PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    hace 8 años

Good, common-sense tips based on experience! Good post cpartist!

cpartist agradeció a Virgil Carter Fine Art
  • mrspete
    hace 8 años

Great blog! I enjoyed those articles and look forward to poking through it again later. Thanks for pointing it out.

cpartist agradeció a mrspete
  • Amy79
    hace 8 años

I read through the various other posts last night until I went to bed. Good stuff, but the point of taking your time and doing your research is one where the excitement seems to take hold of people and they lose their minds. We've been 'designing our dream/forever home' for over a dozen years. I would have hated some of those first plans we sketched out. But we'd had to time read books, live on our site and change our minds a dozen times.

cpartist agradeció a Amy79
  • Architectrunnerguy
    hace 8 años

Yeah, good blog. I read through most of the articles too!

• cpartist
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I'm still reading through them. We took a break to go to our favorite nature preserve and walk around. Saw all the birds including a bald eagle.

• cpartist
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

I read through almost all his threads yesterday and some excellent advice there.

• PRO
    Richard Taylor Architects
    hace 7 años

Thanks everyone, glad you found this article useful!

cpartist agradeció a Richard Taylor Architects
  • mark1993
    hace 7 años

Thanks for these very informative articles!!!

cpartist agradeció a mark1993
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.