Houzz Logo Print
cthoman

do you have another photo of the faux fireplace. I am interested in how you built the firebox.

C Thoman
hace 11 años
Trump Tower Duplex · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Split Rock Associates Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Hello cthoman,
    If you click on the link below you will see another photo with a direct view of the firebox. http://www.houzz.com/projects/105496/Trump-Tower-Duplex. We built this system in sections with the bookcases each as one unit. The center unit consists of a structural wood cabinet in which the firebox, also fabricated of wood, was centered. We then clad the firebox in marble subway tile for the interior and 3 pieces of slab for the surround. The mantel is wood and trims everything out.
  • C Thoman
    Autor original
    hace 11 años
    This home is stunning... the tile floors in particular are amazing! I appreciate your feedback. Last question then is if you used marble subway tile in the interior is it also black like the surround? I can't see the fireplace from the front well enough to see the detail of the firebox. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Not all designers and architects of this caliber are willing to share so it is much appreciated. I think my contractor may think I am crazy to do a faux fireplace but it is obvious from your project that if it is well done it can be beautiful and add great architectural detail.
  • PRO
    Split Rock Associates Inc.
    hace 11 años
    Thank you for the compliment and we love talking about our work. Yes, the subway is also black marble. Faux is really nice if you don't want the hassle of carrying wood or running gas. Just get some beautiful pillar candles and the result is terrific. Best of luck with your project!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.