hace 8 años

Is anyone familiar with Chip Drop?

https://www.chipdrop.in/howitworks/

Wondering if anyone has tried this.

Comentarios (19)

• sylviatexas1
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

I signed up for it once, never heard from anybody...

I've had excellent results from asking for chips from the guys who are chipping wood into their trucks.

• tjayars1
    hace 8 años

I signed up as well a few months ago but also have never heard from anyone. I found a Pecan company that sells the shells for $15 to fill your truck.

Sandra Matula agradeció a tjayars1
  • sylviatexas1
    hace 8 años

Some cities don't charge citizens for mulch.

Here, with an ID showing that we live in the city, we can load our own mulch at any time that the site is open, & on Saturdays, a guy on an earthmoving machine (backhoe?) will put it into your truck or trailer.

Free is good.

Sandra Matula agradeció a sylviatexas1
  • sylviatexas1
    hace 8 años

I don't know what department LOL! I called the city's main or reception desk (whatever # is on their website), & they transferred me..

I bet you can check your city's website, & if there isn't a heading for mulch or chips, somebody somewhere will be able to send you to the right place.

Bossy, I'm sorry you've had poison ivy! I hadn't even thought of it, but then again I never have encountered it in the free mulch, although my free mulch generally comes from tree service trucks that have "cleaned up" the trees from someone's yard or utility right-of-way in town.

• loreleicomal
    hace 8 años

Comal County gives it away free and will load in your truck or trailer.. Just need to have a cover for it.

• mimirose101
    hace 6 años

Hello all, I wanted to make you aware of an experience I had so you do not have the same thing happen to you. It was recommended to me to sign up for chip drop: a service that drops off free wood chips to a residence in the event that an arborist is in the area chopping up a tree and needs to offload wood chips afterward. I was interested in this service because I figured I could find a use for some wood chips around my yard.
    I received an email saying wood chips were on there way 48 hours before delivery. Then today, a very large pile of wood chips was emptied in my front yard. While the amount isn't ideal (way too large), I understand that there was a possibility I could be receiving a large amount like this, and that was my mess up for signing up for something with such vague terms. however, what i did not sign up for was for the dump truck to drive over my landscaping and destroy 4 of my hearty established boxwoods. The dump truck emptied the wood chips onto a lot of my flowers as well.
    I do not believe this was part of the deal. I am willing to accept blame for receiving too large of a load of wood chips. I will get rid of them, and I have learned my lesson. However, I am still left with quite a bit of hardscape and landscape destruction. I cannot imagine this being considered a risk anyone accepting free wood chips has to take. I am very upset by what has happened and hope none of you get caught in the same situation

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Mimirose, thank you for passing along your experience with 'Chip Drop' so that other's can know that method of getting mulch may not be a good idea. I'm sorry to hear that shrubs and flowers were destroyed.

I'm fortunate that there is an area near my house where tree trimmers can drop off their chips. When they'd ring my door bell to ask if I need trees trimmed I've asked them to dump their chips in the designated area while I watched. Perhaps this way would work for those who want locally harvested chips.

Now they know me and ring my door bell asking if I need more mulch. Often I do. However, more recently other trimmers see the pile and keep dumping more chips without asking! I had to put up a sign "No Mo", which they've respected.

It is wonderful having a ready supply of mulch. I use a lot of it. Because of all the rain this past year by the time I get to the bottom of a pile dumped last summer I find great compost to mix with potting soil. I've invited my neighbors to partake of 'my' pile, but they rarely do.

• db1229hz
    hace 5 años

I just had a dumpster load of freshly shredded mulch last week. No complain about WHAT I received. But I had big issue with HOW and WHERE I received.

• ChipDrop allows tree services NOT to call you before dumping.
    • ChipDrop allows tree services dumping on public road in front of you house (without calling you first).

I had a dumpster load of mulch on public road in front of my house that was not where I expected. And the City asked me to clean it up within 5 days.

• Sylvia Gordon
    hace 5 años

Eep! That's awful!

• mjplatt
    hace 5 años

I live near Tyler, TX and have been signed up for 2 plus years and have yet to receive a load of anything. Chipdrop needs to have a coverage map or list of people who make drops. I think in most of the country you are wasting your time with this.

• T-H Community Transport
    hace 4 años

DO NOT USE. Chipdrop arborists are illegally dumping on my property in the middle of and blocking my road and they refuse to do anything about it. I have not had an active account in 8 months Had to call the police and the BBB

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    hace 4 años

T-H, thank you for posting your 'review'. Seems like what probably started as a good idea is not working out for many people.

• HoneyGlazed80 Davis
    hace 4 años

LOVED MY CHIP DROP, ON THE LIST FOR ANOTHER BATCH.......I COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD THAT WHAT I ASKED FOR WAS A GAMBLE PERIOD...

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    hace 4 años

That's a beautiful load of mulch. I'm glad your gamble paid off! Thank you for letting us know.

• Amber Glatz
    hace 3 años

Just got a load dropped off. It was within days of requesting. It’s amazing mulch! I gave them detailed directions as to where to drop and if they could knock on my door when they drop. And they did! It was a great experience and I plan on getting another drop soon.

• rachael8000
    hace 3 años

I wouldn’t recommend getting a load from chip drop. I recently received one and it looked like yard waste. It didn’t meet the specifications on their website either, there was 15-20% twigs. When I emailed them to complain they took no accountability.

• Tony-Diana Fruzza
    hace 3 años

I DO NOT RECOMMEND CHIPDROP COMPANY. They delivered full of un-chipped branches, big logs, leaves, twigs and barely wood chips that we could not get a shovel into the pile to move the giant mass of garden waste from our front house. I emailed Chip Drop to no avail. It is definitely a scam because it is unethical and unprofessional service. Local companies charge $700 to clean up the whole mess they made.

• PRO
    Many Mansions LLC
    el último año

I absolutely love ChipDrop. Used it a couple times. I'm in a rural area, but they still come out here. I allowed them to leave a few logs and tipped them $20 bucks on the app. Usually have the drop in a week or two. Will defintiely keep using!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.