Houzz Logo Print
jbaumgartner724

Kitchen Backsplash

We just installed new St. Cecilia granite and also a breakfast bar. We're having the hardest time finding a backsplash that works. I can't find anything to match and we don't want anything too busy to take away from the granite. I have currently bought and looked at 14 different samples (returning almost all of them) Any ideas/pics would be wonderful!!

Comentarios (12)

• Nik Hunder
    hace 8 años

The sample on the left to me, looks too similar to the counter top and the sample On the right just doesn't match. I would use this backsplash or this one instead

• Jessica Baumgartner
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Yes, the company talked me into getting the 4" backsplash because of the sloppy look of the grout hitting the countertop (I have no idea, first house.. first kitchen renovation.. I just smile and nod). We were just going to go to from the 4" up to the cabinets. I agree on finding something simple. I need to look at the subway tiles.. I just keep getting drawn to the mosaic tiles.

• PRO
    Mr Cabinet Care
    hace 8 años

I think the extra piece that is attached to the wall is part of the problem. Usually when our clients do something similar they leave it as is. Can it be removed?

You'll have more space to add a subtle backsplash. Check out these photos, both kitchens have a similar countertop. Hopefully that helps!

Cabinet Refacing Placentia · Más información

Huntington Beach - Kitchen and Bath Remodel · Más información

This is a really good example you can see how the bottom strip of tile ties in all the colors, it's just enough to compliment the overall design without taking anything away from the countertop.

Jessica Baumgartner agradeció a Mr Cabinet Care
  • Jessica Baumgartner
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Yes, it's only on there with silicone so I'm sure it can be removed (where the part of the L is, the wall is warped so we had to remove that one to fix the wall). I do like those designs. We were thinking of maybe something subtle with a border in the middle. I really didn't think the 4" would be a problem (again, I was talked into it regarding the grout and the countertops) but now I'm not so sure...

• PRO
    Interceramic
    hace 8 años

What do you think about our latest BASOLE mosaic? We have it available on three different colors (link below) - The beige color would look absolutely stunning with the color of your cabinets! Let us know if we can help!

http://www.interceramicusa.com/products/serie/basole/4829/tab/deco

• Eve Eve
    hace 8 años

I did the same granite and have similar color cabinets as you. We too are trying to figure out backsplash to go. Curious to know what you picked out.

• Jessica Baumgartner
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    so we actually are going to remove the 4 inch backsplash and go with a darker backsplash. it pulls out all of the colors and even though it's not what we were going to go with, we really love this tile. it's not up yet but I'll send a pic once it's done! ... this has been the most frustrating experience.
  • Dawn Y
    hace 8 años
    Totally agree with removing the granite against the way and looking for a simple subway tile in 1 of the colors from your granite
  • kchreg
    hace 8 años

Jessica-- Good choice! Just removing the 4" Thing attached to the slab instantly upgrades the look by thousands of dollars. It's a creation of installers so they don't have to do finish work. Sorry the installers talked you into it, but glad you didn't feel stuck with it just because you'd paid for it. This will look great.

• PRO
    Mountain MT Homes LLC
    hace 8 años

Jessica ! That was what I was going towards as I picked that before reading comments. You have a lot of light color products. Yes your counter goes well, but the darker will enhance all.

Ken

• Jessica Baumgartner
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    in the process of putting up the new backsplash. we took off the 4 in. granite backsplash and went with the darker tile. now to figure out a color for the grout (I was told this decision is as important as the tile... who knew...) thank you for your help!!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.