Houzz Logo Print
mchammer3

Need Help : Paint colors for entry way

mchammer3
hace 8 años

I like gray. The dining room to the right of the entry will be navy and white. The office / living room is undecided. Any thoughts for the entry way? I have up so many gray/ greige colors I am losing my mind!

Comentarios (8)

• Sandra Sweeney
    hace 8 años

I like gray, too. I think I'd keep a lighter tone - maybe even cream - above the chair rail molding and use grays below. I think this would look really nice with a darker grey outside of the rectangle below the chair rail molding, and with a lighter gray on the inside square. I'd use the same cream for the trim, but in something washable.

mchammer3 agradeció a Sandra Sweeney
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 8 años

mchammer3 agradeció a BeverlyFLADeziner
  • mchammer3
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

thank you all for the help. i guess i made to look at some more brown tones (instead of gray?). thank you again! if you have an specific color suggestions/recommendations, send them my way!

the Benjamin Moore colors are (in first picture)

column 1 from top to bottom : London Fog, Balboa Mist, Nimbus

column 2 from to to bottom : Classic Gray, Moonshine, Gray Owl, Collinwood

column 3 : Horizon, Intense White

• PRO
    Allegiance Construction & Development, LLC
    hace 8 años

Are you planning to tie in the inside of the trim insets? I would use same top color and tie that in, would look great.

mchammer3 agradeció a Allegiance Construction & Development, LLC
  • mchammer3
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Thank you. I had planned to paint the walls which ever color I choose, and paint all the trim and chair rail a brighter white. But I might keep the insets the same, great idea. Thanks again

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 8 años

You've confused yourself by putting all the samples together and on the wall. If you still can't decide, get large white poster boards for each color and paint a 12-15" square of color in the center (so there's white all around the color.) This way the current wall color won't distort the colors you're trying. Move the boards around the spaces in different light and weather conditions to see how they work 24-7.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

None of your samples have the right undertone to work with the adjoining navy blue room. They are either too beige, too green or worse too gray. Try this one:

BM silver half dollar.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.