hamish3
hace 8 años
Can you tell me how the external flooring stonework was achieved. Thanks
Reimert Residence · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    David J. Wade Inc, Architect
    hace 8 años

First and foremost the answer to your question is that we had outstanding stone masons on this project. The stone is quartzite and it is really gorgeous but difficult to work with. There is a great deal of cutting involved and it requires an ample supply of blades to achieve this look. If you don't do this level of cutting, the mortar gaps between the pieces get quite wide and give a much more rustic look. I love this stone and have used it on many projects and consider the expense well worth the effort, but its not for every project particularly if there is a tight budget. The masons did an extremely good job on both the stone paving shown in the photo and the stone veneer on the walls. This material requires someone who really knows what they are doing and our masons really delivered.

• hamish3
    Autor original
    hace 8 años

Many thanks for this. I agree, it is a very good job and can tell it's been carried out by professionals.

• hamish3
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Did anyone see my question?
  • PRO
    David J. Wade Inc, Architect
    hace 7 años

Not sure what you mean. Did you ask another question?

• hamish3
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

David, not sure either. I remember you answering the question previously & don't recall asking the any other questions-bit odd, but thanks for your response all the same.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.